Another update is that, I cooked this Vellyache Sukhe when my mom-in-law had visited us. She too had never tasted this recipe and showered me with lots of praises and learnt the recipe from me 🙂 She said that this recipe is very good compared to rava fried anchovies.
Ingredients: Prep. Time: 20 Minutes, Serves: 4
20 anchovies/velli, cleaned
2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 raw mango
Salt to taste
- In a kadai, add oil and let it get heated.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns pinkish.
- Add the marinated fish, grated coconut, raw mango pieces, turmeric and chili powder.
- Mix everything and cook till the fish and raw mango gets cooked.
- Add salt to taste and mix.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If needed, add 2 tablespoon water and cook on low flame with the lid of utensil closed.
- A dry kokum petal can be added, if raw mango is not available.
The recipe was published on 28-Jan-2014 and has been updated with new pictures on 28-Nov-2017.
Also check out top 10 Goan fish curry recipes.