Today’s recipe is a delicious egg curry in coconut milk. This curry with boiled eggs and coconut is very simple to make. The best part is that it can be made quickly during the morning rush hour. We just need to boil eggs, grind the ingredients together, add eggs and cook for few minutes. This egg curry is ideal to pack in the lunch box along with steamed rice or rotis. My kid takes food to school in Vaya TyffynLyte and I love to pack delicious food for her in that tiffin box.
The new Vaya TyffynLyte is lighter and is ideal for kids of class 4 and above. It is 30% thinner than the original Vaya tyffyn. The best part is that it keeps food hot for 5 to 6 hours. In my kids school there is no microwave to heat food. Also as per some rumors, heating food in microwave is not healthy due to the radiation. I am happy that Vaya came up with Vaya TyffynLyte made of high quality stainless steel. My kid gets to eat warm and healthy food in school too.
The Vaya TyffynLyte comes in 2 sizes. 600 ml and 1000 ml. My kid uses the 600 ml variant which has two containers. This is ideal for a light meal. This tyffyn has 2 inner 300 ml containers which are made of stainless steel with polished finish. There are also partitions made of high quality plastic which ensures you can take even more varieties of food like salads or pickles. You can replace the 2 inner 300 ml containers with single 600 ml container which is sold separately. This is ideal if you want to carry more food.
When my kid took the Vaya TyffynLyte to her school, everyone came asking about it including the teachers. The kid also loves to flaunt the premium lunch box.
Some of the features of Vaya Tyffyn Lyte:
- Keeps food hot / cold for 5 to 6 hours.
- Made of high quality polished stainless steel.
- Plastic lids and partitions provided are made of high quality.
- Lighter than the original Vaya Tyffyn.
- Leak proof.
- Heat protective finger grip.
My spouse and I use the Vaya Tyffyn 1000 ml and Vaya tyffyn 600 ml to carry food to office respectively. We also love our tiffins. Carrying food in plastic and reheating is not good in the long run. Also the glass containers are fragile and not at all suitable for kids. You can purchase the Vaya TyffynLyte by clicking here.
Now let us see the recipe of egg curry in coconut milk.
- 4 Eggs hard boiled and de-shelled
- 1/4 cup coconut freshly grated
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 black peppercorns
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 marble sized ball tamarind
- 1 teaspoon oil
- To taste Salt
- Grind together coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, tamarind, dry red chilies, half of the onion and garlic along with ½ cup water to a thin paste.
- Heat a kadai and add oil. After oil gets heated, add remaining ½ onion and sauté till onion turns pinkish.
- Pour the gravy from blender in the kadai and cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Add ½ to ¾ cup water and mix.
- Add the boiled eggs to the gravy and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.