1 kg King Fish
For Marinating the fish:
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon tamarind paste (optional)
1 tablespoon salt
For Coating the fish:
1 cup rawa / semolina
1 cup rice flour
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon chilly powder
1 tablespoon oil
- Wash the king fish till its clean.
- In a small plate, mix salt, chilly and turmeric powder.
- To this add 2 tablespoon water and make a thick paste.
You can even mix tamarind/garlic paste in this.
- Apply this to the fish and let it marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Mix the rice flour, rawa, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and chilly powder. Put this on a big plate.
- Coat the King fish in this rawa. Ensure that it is covered with rawa on both sides and the edges too.
- Heat the frying pan and spread 1 tablespoon oil. Add more if required.
- Place the fish on the pan and fry on low flame.
- After 10 minutes turn them to the other side.
- Fry them for 20 minutes.
- You know they are done when they turn brown.