Mixer grinder is one of the most essential product that we need in our kitchens. Indian cuisine is made up of lots of chutneys, curries and ground masalas. We use a mixer grinder almost every single day. In today’s post I will be sharing a review of TTK Racer Mixer Grinder and a delicious Goan Seer Fish Curry recipe or Goan kingfish curry (visvon hooman).
Racer Mixer Grinder is India’s only mixer grinder with a 3-in-1 all-purpose jar. The brand Prestige is known for coming up with world class products which are innovative and superior. The Racer Mixer Grinder is ultra-compact and has attractive features.
This unique mixer grinder comes with one mixer grinder base unit, an all-purpose jar with 3 modular lids, a warranty card, user’s manual and a spatula. It lets you do all kinds of grinding in same jar. All grinding needs like making paste from rice, pulses, coconut, chutneys, masalas, milk shakes, juices, dry grinding condiments, roasted coffee beans, spices, etc., wet grinding, blending or juicing, the unique jar takes care of it all.
3 lids for 1 jar – This Racer Mixer Grinder is designed to perfection with superior quality air tight lids that keeps food intact while grinding. You can use all 3 lids for a single jar.
Jar Lid (for wet grinding) – Provides a grinding capacity of 1500 ml. The transparent dome shaped lid which is made of polycarbonate enables you to view the ingredients while wet grinding. It also has a lid cap over a small opening to help you to add water without opening the lid. The lid comes with a gasket to ensure correct fitment of lid and also prevents leakage. I used this jar for wet grinding the gravy for fish curry. The gravy turned smooth and all the ingredients blended well.
Jar Lid (for dry grinding) – Provides a grinding capacity of 1000 ml. This jar lid can be used with 3 in 1 jar for dry grinding. I made cumin/jeera powder with this lid. The powder was super fine just like the store brought one.
Jar Lid (Chutney) – Provides a grinding capacity of 300 ml. This jar lid can be used with 3 in 1 jar for chutney grinding and small quantity of condiments. You can make this pudina chutney with this jar lid.
It comes with an octopus blade which serves all your grinding needs. This blade has eight spokes and is detachable too.
Power, Price & Warranty:
The MRP of TTK Racer Mixer Grinder is Rs.2595/- and comes with a 2 year warranty. It has a powerful motor of 550 Watts. Since it is ultra-compact, it does not occupy much space on the precious kitchen counter.
Click here to purchase the TTK Racer Mixer Grinder from Amazon:
Prestige Racer 550-Watt Mixer Grinder – Racer with 1 Jar and 3 Lids (White / Blue)
Areas of Improvement:
- The grooves at the bottom should have better vacuum.
- Also I wish the Racer Mixer Grinder was available in some other colors giving us more options to choose from.
Now check out the recipe of Goan Seer Fish/Surmai Curry mentioned below. Also check Kerala fish curry with coconut milk recipe.
Also check out top 10 Goan fish curry recipes.
Goan Surmai Fish Curry (Seer Fish Curry) Recipe
- 5-7 small pieces of seer fish or 2 big pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 marble sized ball of tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 dry red chilies byadgi chilies / shepda
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1/2 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Marinate the fish:
- Wash the fish and keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix the turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. If required add 2 tablespoon water and make a thick paste.
- Apply this to the seer fish and leave it aside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- If you want to marinate for longer time, then keep the marinated fish in refrigerator.
Make the gravy:
- Take the mixer with lid for wet grinding. Add grated coconut, turmeric powder, tamarind, peppercorns, coriander and red chilies. Grind by adding ½ cup water to make a semi-thin gravy.
Make seer fish curry:
- Take a kadai and add oil and fry the onions till they turn pinkish.
- Pour the gravy and stir. Add water ¼ to 1/2 cup.
- Add the fish and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.