Today’s recipe is Tomato Onion Bruschetta made with Delmonte Mint Mayo. A bruschetta is an Italian dish normally served as an appetizer. It consists of toasted bread which is topped with tomatoes and herbs. In this recipe I have topped the toasted bread with mint mayo over which a mixture of finely chopped onion, finely chopped tomato and basil is placed. The addition of mint mayo to this recipe gives it a fresh minty flavor making the regular bruschetta even more yummy.
This recipe can become the star of any party and is very easy to prepare and tastes best soon after serving when the bread is crispy. You don’t need any dips with this recipe as it is already topped with delicious mint mayo. Mint mayo makes this recipe taste refreshingly delicious. You can even make this quick recipe as evening snacks for children.
You can serve this dish with a bowl of hot soup during the evening snack time. Delmonte Mint Mayo is eggless and is 100% vegetarian. You can spread this mint mayo on sandwiches and wraps as filling to make them even more delicious. A bottle of mayo has a shelf life of 6 months and you can use it to create many such interesting and yummy recipes. You can even use it as a dip for kebabs and cutlets. You can check other recipes that I created with mayo.
The ingredients used in this recipe are easily available. I have used Italian bread, but if Italian bread is not available then use any type of bread.
- 1 loaf of baguette or Italian bread roll
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup Delmonte Mint Mayo
- 8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Take a tissue paper and press it over the chopped tomatoes. Ensure that all the liquid from the tomatoes is absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl add tomato, onion, basil leaves, olive oil, pepper powder and salt.
- Refrigerate the onion and tomato mixture for 20 minutes.
- Slice the bread diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Apply butter on both sides of bread slices.
- For this, heat a tava and toast the slices till they turn brownish.
- Once the slices cool, arrange them on a plate.
- Top the toasted slices with 1-2 tablespoon mint mayo.
- Top this with 2 tablespoon of onion tomato mixture and serve.