Jump to Recipe
Easy fusilli pasta with tomato is a quick and simple recipe. This pasta is made without cheese and has simple easily available at home ingredients. This is a kid’s favourite recipe. You can pack it in the kid’s lunch box to school.
Easy fusilli pasta recipe is a delicious back to school recipe. This is a perfect pasta recipe to pack in the kid’s school lunch box. My daughter loves this tomato pasta recipe. Her friends also love to have this delicious pasta and hence I always pack extra to share it with her buddies. Picky eaters will love this vegan pasta. You can add other vegetables like broccoli and zucchini to this pasta. You may also add meat or sausage or shrimps.
You might wonder if eating pasta is healthy. Anything should be eaten in moderation and the same is the case with pasta too. You may choose whole grain pasta as it is lower in calories and carbs. It is also high in fibre. We eat pasta once a week as my family loves this version of pasta that I make.
What type of pasta can I add in this recipe?
You may add fusilli pasta in this recipe as it helps trap the sauce. Other pasta varieties are penne pasta, farfalle, tortellini, tagliatelle, rotini, etc. In this recipe, I recommend using only fusilli or rotini pasta.
Ingredients to make fusilli pasta recipe easy:
Here is a list of few main ingredients used in the easy pasta recipe. For complete list of ingredients recipe to the recipe below.
- Italian Fusilli pasta: Use best fusilli pasta in this recipe. Fusilli pasta works well with the tomato sauce in this recipe as it helps trap the sauce.
- Vegetables: Vegetables like fresh and firm tomatoes, red onion and spring onion greens are used in this recipe. If you don’t like onion you can ignore it and make the pasta with tomato.
- Garlic: Few garlic pods are added in the recipe for flavor.
- Seasoning: Seasoning like Italian seasoning and garlic powder is used in this recipe.
Steps to make fusilli pasta easy recipe:
- Boil pasta in water in a large pan. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a large skillet pan and add butter and oil.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and cook. Then add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add chopped spring onion and cook for some time.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add cooked pasta and mix. Pasta should be covered well with sauce.
I have been making this quick pasta recipe since many years for my kid’s school lunch box. Thought of sharing it with you all today. This pasta is made without cheese as my daughter prefers it that way. You may add some Parmesan cheese if you wish.
Variations to make this easy fusilli pasta:
- You may make the pasta without red onion. It will still taste good.
- You may also add meat or sausage or shrimps to this pasta.
- You may add vegetables like broccoli or zucchini and basil leaves.
You might also like other pasta recipes –
- Lemon pasta with roasted shrimps
- Mixed vegetable spaghetti pasta
- Cold pasta salad with potato
- Pesto pasta with mushroom and cherry tomato
- Broccoli pesto pasta with pine nuts
Serving fusilli pasta with tomato and onion:
You can serve this pasta hot or cold.
Easy Fusilli Pasta With Tomato
- 300 g Italian Fusilli pasta Or 2 cups pasta
- 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4 spring onion finely chopped along with greens
- 8 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To taste salt
- Boil 5 cups water in a large pan. When water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon salt and pasta. Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a large skillet pan and add butter. When butter starts melting, add oil. Keep the heat on low or medium.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté till raw aroma of garlic goes away.
- Add onion and cook till onion turns pinkish.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add chopped spring onion and cook with lid covered till spring onion gets cooked.
- Add Italian seasoning and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix so that it is covered well with sauce. Cook for 3 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- You may add some Parmesan cheese if you wish.
- You may make the pasta without onion,
Pin this image on Pinterest to try it later. Also please comment and rate the recipe.