Roasted Cauliflower Soup is a the best and deliciously healthy soup loaded with Vitamin C. One serving provides the daily dose of vitamins and antioxidants. Cauliflower is low in calories and has very low levels of carbs and sugar. It is high in fiber and is a good source of protein, riboflavin, vitamin K, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus and folate. Since it is high in fiber, it is ideal for weight loss. Cauliflower is one of the healthiest foods on earth and is ideal of diabetic people too.
Health benefits of cauliflower are plenty. It promotes hair growth, lowers cholesterol, is a rich source of calcium and minerals. Consumption of cauliflower improves the immune system and reduces risk of cancer. It helps in the development of fetus during pregnancy, as it is rich in folate. So try out this roasted cauliflower soup recipe and do let me know how it turns up.
Ingredients to make oven roasted cauliflower soup:
- Cauliflower: Select the whitest perfectly healthy cauliflower to make this best roasted cauliflower soup ever.
- Onion: Onion is sauted and added to add flavor to the soup with roasted cauliflower.
- Milk: Milk is added to increase the thickness in the soup. If you are worried about calories, you may not add it. Replace milk with coconut milk to make this soup vegan.
- Garlic powder and garlic florets: Garlic powder is added to cauliflower while roasting so that it adds a delicious taste and flavor to the soup.
- Seasoning: Black pepper powder and Italian seasoning is added to season the soup.
- Cornflour: Cornflour is added to the soup to add thickness.
- Parsley: Parsley is used for garnishing. You can even add 1 or 2 best looking roasted cauliflower florets for garnishing.
Recipe for roasted cauliflower soup:
Let us make the creamless and delicious roasted cauliflower soup.
1) Roast the cauliflower
Take a mixing bowl and add cauliflower florets. Add olive oil and garlic powder and mix. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and evenly spread the cauliflower florets and bake at 200 C for 15 minutes or until the florets appear brownish.
2) Flavor for the soup
Heat a soup pot or utensil and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and mix well until the onion appears pinkish.
3) Thickness and creaminess for the soup
Add cornflour and mix well. The onion should be coated with cornflour. Add ½ cup vegetable stock or water and ½ cup milk and mix well.
4) Adding in roasted cauliflower
Add roasted cauliflower and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Blending the soup
Switch off the gas or heat. Using a hand blender, blend the roasted cauliflower and onion mixture in the soup pot. Ensure that there are small pieces of cauliflower in the soup.
6) Making the soup as desired
Again place the utensil with soup on the gas. Add remaining ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and stir well. If needed add more water to get the thickness that you desire.
7) Garnishing and seasoning the cauliflower soup
Add pepper powder and salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley and Italian seasoning and serve hot.
Other soup recipes:
Other recipes with cauliflower:
There are various methods of cooking cauliflower. It is important to soak cauliflower in warm salty water prior to cooking. Reason is there might by tiny worms hidden in cauliflower. You can try this delicious tawa fried cauliflower. For breakfast make stuffed gobhi parathas and for dinner you can make cauliflower stir fry.
How to serve this delicious soup with roasted cauliflower florets?
Roasted cauliflower soup is not only nutritious but is also filling. I love to have it for dinner along with toasted bread.
This healthy recipe has got featured on Manipal Hospital’s Health Library.
- Soup pot
- Hand blender
- Microwave / OTG
For Roasting Cauliflower:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
For the soup:
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Pizza/Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To taste Salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- 1 cup milk
- For garnish parsley chopped
Roast the cauliflower florets:
- Take a mixing bowl and add cauliflower florets. Add olive oil and garlic powder and mix.
- Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and evenly spread the cauliflower florets and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until the florets appear brownish.
Making the roasted cauliflower soup:
- Heat a soup pot / utensil and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and mix well until the onion appears pinkish.
- Add cornflour and mix well. The onion should be coated with cornflour.
- Add ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and mix well.
- Add roasted cauliflower and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas. Using a hand blender, blend the roasted cauliflower and onion mixture in the kadai. Ensure that there are small pieces of cauliflower in the soup.
- Again place the soup pot on the gas.
- Add remaining ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and stir well. If needed add more water to get the thickness that you desire.
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
Garnishing the roasted cauliflower soup:
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Italian seasoning and serve hot.
- Serve this soup with toasted bread.
- Make it vegan by replacing milk with coconut milk.
- Roast the cauliflower and keep it fridge in morning. Use it to make a delicious soup in evening when you are in a hurry.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for upto 3 days. Heat and serve hot.
Try the recipe and share it on social media with hashtag #rakshaskitchen.
Pin it on Pinterest:
Note: Recipe was published on 24th March 2017, today (27 Nov 2019) it is re-published.