Wondering what to make for breakfast? Try this delicious and healthy stuffed radish paratha or mooli paratha. These whole wheat mooli parathas are diabetic friendly and can be served to any age groups. You can even make these parathas for dinner. Serve them with curds/yogurt and pickle. You can even pack them in lunch or snack boxes and carry to office.
Consumption of radish helps protect liver and stomach. It acts as a detoxifier. It purifies blood and eliminates toxins and waste from the body. Hence it is good in treating jaundice. Since it is rich in fibre, it helps treat piles. If you are on weight loss, you should add radish to your diet. Radish are diuretic in nature and can be used to treat urinary tract infections. Apart from this, radish can be used to treat various types of cancers and cardiovascular conditions.
If you are in hurry to go to office in morning, you can make the dough ready in fridge. This will save you time to make the dough. You should always make the stuffing freshly. You can add methi/fenugreek leaves to these stuffed radish parathas and make them healthier, just like how I added them to these cauliflower methi parathas.
Stuffed Radish Paratha
For the dough:
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoon oil
For the stuffing:
- 2-3 radish peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds/ajwain
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- To taste Salt
Follow the following steps to prepare the dough:
- Let us make the dough ready by mixing the whole wheat flour with water, oil and salt. While adding water, add little at a time and keep on mixing till dough of semi-soft consistency is reached. Cover and keep the dough aside for 30 minutes.
Follow the following the steps for making the stuffing:
- Heat a kadai. Add oil and let it get heated.
- After oil gets heated, add carom seeds. Add ginger paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- After few seconds, add grated radish and fry on low flame till all moisture from radish evaporates.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Switch off the gas and let the stuffing cool down.
Let us now make the paratha ready:
- Make round balls from the dough a little bigger than table tennis ball.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour on the rolling board. Roll the dough ball it into small flat round shape of around 3 inches in diameter. Place a tablespoon of the stuffing on it and close from all sides.
- Again apply some flour powder and flatten it into bigger parathas.
- Then apply 1 teaspoon ghee on the frying pan and place the paratha on it.
- After 5 Minutes, apply 1 teaspoon ghee on the upper side and turn. Fry for 5 Minutes. The paratha is done. Serve it with curds or any dish.