Green Moong And Vegetable Idlis are healthy and delicious savory steamed rice and lentil cake made with green mung bean and vegetables. This is served with idli and sambar.
Make these green moong and vegetable idlis and pack them in tiffins too so that your family can eat healthy food instead of the junk and unhygienic office canteen food.
Since the idlis don’t have rice, you can make them on fasting days too.
Green Moong And Vegetable Idlis
- 1 cup whole moong/green gram
- ¼ cup urad dal split black gram dal
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds methi seeds
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill leaves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger peeled and chopped
- 4 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the green moong and vegetable idli, first wash the moong dal and soak in 4 cups water for 2 hours.
- Wash urad dal and fenugreek seeds and soak them in sufficient water for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain and grind them separately by adding little water.
- After grinding, mix both moong dal and urad dal mixture together using a spatula.
- Cover and let it ferment overnight or for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add grated carrot, chopped capsicum and dill leaves and mix well. Add water if needed keeping in mind that the mixture should be thick like idli batter.
- Grind coriander, ginger and green chillies by adding 2 tablespoon water to make a thick paste.
- Mix this coriander paste into the prepared idli batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- The green moong and vegetable idli batter is ready. Let us now make the healthy idlis.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil or ghee and pour some the prepared batter into it.
- Steam the idlis in an idli steamer and steam for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, switch off the gas and let them be in the steamer for 5 more minutes.
- Open the idli steamer and de-mould the idlis.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Pin this image on Pinterest.