Today’s recipe is oats idli which I made using a TTK Prestige Multi-Kadai. Yes! You heard it right. Ever since I collaborated with TTK Prestige, I am one of the first ones to try my hands on the latest innovative products from TTK Prestige which enter the Indian markets. You all know the brand Prestige since ages and it does not need separate introduction. But for those who do not know, Prestige is a brand which is recognised for its feat of innovations.
Recently, TTK Prestige introduced a hard anodised multi-kadai which comes with some essential accessories. With this Multi-Kadai, you can not only prepare regular curries and stir fries but you can use the same multi-kadai to deep fry and steam. The hard anodized surface can withstand high-temperature cooking without letting food stick to its surface. This kadai is induction compatible and is metal-spoon friendly. It also had comfortable handles which don’t get heated while cooking for safe handling.
The following stainless steel accessories are provided with the TTK Prestige Multi-Kadai:
- 2 Idli plates
- 1 Dhokla/Iddiyyapams plate
- 1 Patra plate
- A glass lid to seat on the kadai to trap moisture and enable efficient cooking and steaming.
Pros of using this kadai:
- This Multi-Kadai is an all-rounder in the kitchen. It also occupies minimum storage space.
- It is durable as it has hard anodized body and gives a great cooking experience with its uniform heating.
- It has non-toxic cooking surface and a non-staining surface which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- It is induction compatible.
- Comes with a see through thick glass lid. This helps you know how fluffy the idlis or dhokla is.
- The lid comes with a ladle holder. So you need not keep the ladle in another plate or kitchen counter while making curries.
You can use this Prestige Multi-Kadai to make stir fries like this gajar aloo and matar ki subzi. You can also make fried rice like prawns fried rice. Use it for steaming. You can make patoleo too using this multi-kadai. Deep-fried dishes like palak puris can also be made using this product. Apart from this, you can make dhoklas or patra too.
- I wish a mini-idli plate was also provided with this product.
This Multi-Kadai comes in two models:
- HA Multi Kadai 280 mm
- HA Multi Kadai 220 mm
- Multi Kadai 220 – Rs. 1,875.00
- Multi Kadai 280 – Rs. 2,545.00
Oats Idli RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup oats powdered
- 1/2 cup rawa/semolina
- 3/4 cup thick curd
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal/black gram dal
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 10 curry leaves chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cooking soda/eno fruit salt
- 2 tablespoon Desi Ghee/clarified butter for greasing the idli plates
- 2 teaspoon oil
- To taste Salt
- Heat the TTK Prestige Multi-Kadai and add oil.
- After oil gets heated, add mustard seeds and after it flutters, add jeera (cumin seeds).
- Add asafoetida, urad dal and curry leaves and let it fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped green chilli and fry.
- Add rawa and mix well. Roast for few minutes and then add powdered oats. Mix well and roast for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer the contents from the kadai to a mixing bowl.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Now add water little at a time till you get idli batter consistency. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes. The rava should nicely get soaked. This will make the idlis fluffy.
- Just before steaming the idlis, add baking soda and whisk or mix well.
- Add salt to taste and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Grease the idli moulds and pour the idli batter in it with the use of a spoon.
- In the same TTK Multi-Kadai, add water upto the mark and heat.
- Place the idli moulds in the TTK Multi-Kadai and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Open the lid of the kadai and prick a tooth-pick in the center of idli to check if the idlis are done. If the tooth-pick comes out clean, it means the idlis are ready.
- Switch off the gas and let the idlis cook on steam inside the TTK Multi-Kadai for 10 Minutes.
- De-mould and serve hot with chutney or sambar of your choice.