Soya granule pulao is a recipe which my daughter demanded one fine day. She saw it in her friend’s lunch box and wanted the same for lunch next day. These days she’s become very choosy. Every evening tells me what she wants in her lunch box the next day. I think this is a part of growing up. Sometimes she asks me to open my website and chooses recipes of her choice. Most of the days, I wake up at 5.00 AM to cook for the lunchbox. It does become tiring at times as I have to rush for office too. But, yes I love to cook for my daughter and fulfil all her demands. She also loves this pudina pulao too.
I made this soya pulao with soya granules instead of soya chukns. You can also add vegetables to this soya granule pulao. The advantage of using soya granules over soya chunks is that you don’t have to separately cut the soya chunks into small pieces. This recipe is very simple to make as I made it in a pressure cooker. A pressure cooker makes the task of cooking very easy and is a super savior of time. Vegetable pulao is another rice variety that you can try using the pressure cooker.
You can make this soya granule pulao and serve it hot with raita and salad. Soya granules are nutritious and are beneficial in promoting the kids health. Soy protein is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B. It is also a good source of iron and calcium. Since the vegetarians don’t eat meat, these soya granules can be used as a protein source.
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Pods finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot julienned
- 1/4 red bell pepper julienned
- 5 tablespoon soya granules
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablesoon oil
- To taste Salt
Grind the following:
- 20 pudina/mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon corriander leaves chopped
- 3 pods garlic peeled
- 1 Green Chili
- 1/4 inch ginger peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 black pepper corns
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 cardamom pods crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds / jeera
- Wash the soya granules and soak for 15 minutes. Wash the rice and keep aside for 15 minutes. Grind the ingredients mentioned in grind section by adding 2 tablespoon water.
- Drain the water from soya granules and squeeze out excess water.
- Pour the ground paste on soya granules and let it get marinated for 10 minutes.
- Heat cooker and add oil to it. Add all the spices and let oil get infused with the spices.
- Then add finely chopped onion and sauté till it becomes pinkish. Add garlic and stir.
- Add carrots and bell pepper and stir.
- After 5 minutes, add washed rice and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the marinated soya granules along with pudina paste. Add salt to taste. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Add a little less than 2 cups water and pressure cook for 2 whistles on low flame. After 2 whistles, switch of the gas and let the pulao get cooked internally.
- After 15 minutes, loosen the lid and wait for the pressure to be released. Open the cooker and fluff the rice with fork.