Today’s recipe Green Beans Stir Fry is a simple and easy recipe. Made from French beans, it is rich in iron. This recipe is popular in Goa and India and is known as Val papdi Bhaji in Konkani. Some people also call it as papdi bhaji. Valpapdi or Green beans are very good source of iron which is essential for muscles, metabolism and normal body functions.
I went for a comprehensive health checkup recently. The doctors told me to eat iron rich foods as I am anaemic. I have started incorporating beets, boiled eggs, spinach, broccoli, green beans, etc in my diet and thus eating iron rich foods. Iron is needed by the body for making hemoglobin. Green beans are also rich in fiber, protein and calcium.
Today’s recipe is iron rich recipe. Make it on regular basis and add to diet. You can serve this Val papdi bhaji with rotis or with rice, dal and salad. You can also make this Green beans stir fry and add it to rolls and sandwiches.
Also check out Chinese style green beans stir fry.
Val Papdi Bhaji
- 40 green beans / Val papdi finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon asafeotida
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat a kadai and add oil.
- After oil gets heated, add mustard seeds.
- After mustard seeds flutter, add curry leaves, asafeotida and dry red chilies and fry.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute till onion turns pinkish.
- Add finely chopped green beans and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, grated coconut and mix well.
- Add ½ cup water and close the lid of kadai.
- Let it get cooked for 10 minutes with lid closed.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
You might also like:
© Raksha's Kitchen. All the images & content are copyright protected. Do not use images from my website or social media without my prior written permission. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Raksha Kamat and Raksha's Kitchen with appropriate and specific re-direction to the original content. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
In case of unauthorized use of our content, you will be liable for any action resulting from copyrights infringement, trademarks or proprietary rights due to usage of our content by you.