Jelly custard shots is a beautiful layered jelly and custard dessert which can be made for special occasions like Valentine’s day, New years eve, Christmas eve, birthdays or anniversaries. The custard trifle tasted yummy. Get the step by step pictures and video recipe to make this beautiful dessert in shot glasses.
I cooked the jelly and custard separately for making these jelly custard shots. Chilled the glass desserts in the refrigerator. Clicked pictures and served in dessert cups. Then I surprised my family with this beautiful fruit custard in shot glass. Oh Yes! They were indeed surprised.
You might also like:
- Colostrum pudding
- Chocolate creme caramel
- Mango sheera
- Fruit Custard With a twist
- Strawberry pudding
- Lychee pudding
- Marie biscuit pudding
Ingredients to make layered jelly and custard:
- Jelly powder:I have used store brought strawberry flavored jelly powder. Prepare it as per instructions on the packet. Any flavor of jelly can be used.
- Custard powder:I have used store brought vanilla custard powder. Prepare it as per instructions on the packet.
- Milk: I have used cow’s milk. You can even use skimmed milk.
- Sugar:Sweetener to be used in the dessert. I have used white sugar.
- Strawberries:Strawberries are used for garnishing.
Steps for preparing strawberry and custard jelly shots:
- Prepare jelly as per instructions on the packet. Let it cool down. After jelly cools down and before it is set, add 1/4th jelly to shot glass and keep the glass in slanting position with the help of other containers in fridge.
- Jelly sets very fast, so be quick in the above step.
- Prepare custard as per instructions on the packet. Once custard cools down, pour it on set jelly in the shot glass and refrigerate it.
- Garnish jello dessert with strawberry slices.
Step by step instructions with pictures to make cold jelly and custard dessert in shot glasses:
- Pour jelly crystals in a mixing bowl
2. Add water.
3. Mix well.
4. Keep shot glasses in slanting position.
5. Pour jelly in glasses.
6. Let it cool down. Then keep in refrigerator for jelly to set.
7 . Add milk in a container and heat it.
8. Mix 2 tablespoon custard powder and 3 tablespoon warm milk in a small bowl.
9. Make paste of custard and milk and keep it aside.
10. Add sugar in milk which is kept to boil.
11. Mix custard paste in milk when it is about to boil.
12. Mix well. Custard will start thickening. Switch off the gas and let it cool a bit.
13. Pour custard over the set jelly in the shot glasses.
14. Slice strawberries.
15. Put a slit to the strawberry slice and keep it over the glass.
16. Serve the glass dessert chilled.
Interested in creating shots recipe out of jelly and custard? You can find the jello shots recipe below.
Jelly Custard Shots
- 1 packet (90 grams) strawberry jelly crystals
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 500 ml milk you can take 2 and 1/2 cups milk
- 3 strawberries sliced, for garnish
- Prepare the jelly first as you would need it to get set. After preparing jelly, prepare custard.
Prepare the jelly as per instructions on the packet.
- According to my jelly packet first mix the jelly crystals and the hardening agent in a mixing bowl.
- Pour 3 cups of hot boiling water over it.
- Mix well and let it cool down. Do not refrigerate it at this time.
Prepare the custard as per the instructions on the packet:
- Pour milk in a saucepan and let it boil on low flame.
- While the milk is boiling, take a small bowl and add 2 tablespoon custard powder to it. Add 3 tablespoon of warm milk to it and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Just when the milk is about to boil or when bubbles start appearing at the sides, add sugar and stir well.
- Pour the custard paste into the milk and stir well for 5 minutes on low flame.
- The custard will start thickening.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool.
- After cooking jelly and custard, it is time to decorate and style the layered jelly and custard dessert.
- Take some shot glasses and fill them 1/4th with jelly. Keep the glasses in slanting position in refrigerator by taking help of other containers.
- Within 20 minutes the jelly will set. Pour some cooled custard and garnish with strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate the dessert shots.
Pin this image on Pinterest.
Note: This post was published in 2017, republished with step by step pictures.