The summers have started in my part of the world. This is a perfect time to throw a barbecue party outdoors. During this barbecue season, I made delicious chicken tikka kebab. I hosted a barbecue part last weekend to celebrate some important milestones that we all crossed as a family. The chicken tikka kebabs were made using TTK Prestige Charcoal Barbecue.
Some of you are already aware that I have a collaboration with TTK Prestige which is a well-known brand in India. Prestige is a trusted name in kitchen appliances for generations. I received the TTK Prestige Charcoal Barbecue for a review. This product is ideal for barbecue parties conducted in backyards, outdoors, terrace or even in balcony.
The TTK Prestige Charcoal barbecue comes with 3 stainless steel skewers, cooking grid, fire bowl, handle, wooden handles, leg holders, legs, screws and a recipe book. The product is easy to assemble. It is compact and since it is charcoal based, it is portable too.
The product is easy to clean. After usage, dispose the charcoal soot, cool and wash with soapy water. The grill does not occupy much storage space too. Just detach the legs and handles and put it back in the product box. Store in the loft in the kitchen.
Features of TTK Prestige Charcoal Barbecue:
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store
Only drawback is lighting the charcoal takes a long time say 30 minutes, but once lit it goes on. But at a barbecue party, it is fine as time gets utilized in bonding with people around. You can make barbecue for 4 to 5 people in one go. You can even purchase additional skewers. Also you need to wear oven mitts as the skewers get hot. The height of the charcoal barbecue is between 1 to 2 feet. You need a campaign chair or you can sit on floor while working with it.
Product name – Prestige PPBW 04 Barbecue. Purchase it from Amazon. Click on the following link to purchase.
The same chicken tikka kebab recipe can also be prepared with an OTG or in a microwave. You can check this recipe of making tava chicken kebabs made using a tava. The chicken tikkas taste great with the spicy marinade. I would still recommend cooking over a charcoal barbecue. Cooking over charcoal gives it a nice smoky flavor.
In the chicken tikka kebab recipe, I have not used meat tenderizer as the meat was tender. However if you are using chicken thighs, then use a meat tenderizer. Altered spices and salt as per taste.
Also check skillet chicken legs.
- 3 Boneless chicken breast chopped into 2 inch cube
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped into 1 inch squares
- 3/4th cup thick curd / yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon gram flour / besan roasted
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 6 Garlic Pods crushed into paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- Take a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, gram flour, spice powders and mix well.
- Keep 1 tablespoon marinade aside for the chopped bell peppers.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix.
- Add ginger garlic paste, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and mix.
- Keep this marinated chicken in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or even longer.
- Add the chopped bell peppers in the 1 tablespoon marinade which was kept aside, mix and keep in refrigerator.
- Light the TTK Prestige barbecue charcoal grill.
- Oil the grill plate so that the chicken does not stick to it while getting barbecued.
- Carefully thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the skewers in such a way that after ever 2 pieces thread 1 green and 1 red bell pepper piece onto the skewer too.
- Place the skewers loaded with chicken and veges on the lighted charcoal barbecue.
- Baste the chicken pieces with melted butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side and turn to the other. Keep turning the skewers so that chicken gets cooked on all sides.
- After chicken is cooked, take it off the grill. Garnish with coriander leaves and sliced onion and serve hot.