Spicy Hard Boiled Eggs is an easy recipe. Boiled eggs are sliced and then spiced powders are applied to it and shallow fried. Get step by step recipe.
I used to have spicy hard-boiled egg in my childhood. I did not like the taste of boiled eggs, so my mom used to make simple boiled egg fry. Recently, I made them for my kid and she loved them. The same Indian hard-boiled egg recipe was a super hit on my Instagram page. So let us see how to make the spiced masala boiled egg fry.
Serve these spiced masala boiled eggs as an appetizer for parties. You can even make and pack it in the lunch box. The recipe is very simple but turns out extremely delicious. The coated spice powders leaves everyone wanting to eat some more. It was a hit in my house.
Let us see the spices for making masala coated boiled eggs
- Red chili powder – The best spice for boiled eggs is red chili powder. Paprika powder can be used if red chili powder is not available.
- Turmeric powder – This powder is readily available in all Indian kitchens. This is known as curry powder. This powder reduces the egg smell and lends a beautiful color to the recipe cooked.
- Cumin powder – This powder provides an aromatic nutty flavor to the boiled eggs.
Related posts: Boiled egg white sandwich, Open toast with egg, spinach and tomato, Egg butter masala, Egg Biryani
How to make spiced boiled eggs?
The recipe is very simple and easy to make.
- Boil eggs.
- Crack the shell and slice the eggs.
- Make a thick paste with red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Apply to the eggs.
- Take a tava or frying pan and spread oil.
- Shallow fry the slices masala coated boiled eggs by flipping both sides on low flame.
- Serve hot.
If you don’t have hard boiled eggs, make the same recipe with soft boiled eggs. Spiced soft boiled eggs taste delicious too.
What are the other spicy boiled egg recipes?
You can get little innovative and use the same masalaboiled eggs to make:
- Spiced boiled egg salad
- Boiled egg spicy sandwich
- Spiced boiled egg rice
- Easy egg curry
Spicy Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil eggs.
- Crack the shell and slice them.
- In a small mixing bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and make a thick paste.
- Apply the spicy paste to the sliced boiled eggs.
- Take a non-stick tava or frying pan and spread oil.
- After oil gets heated, shallow fry the sliced masala coated boiled eggs by flipping both sides on low flame.
- Serve hot.
- The same recipe can be made with soft boiled eggs.
- Use non-stick pan to fry the sliced boiled eggs as the spicy masala gets stuck only to the eggs and not to the frying pan.
- Spices can be modified as per your taste.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Pin this image on Pinterest. Also give us 5 star rating if you like this recipe.
Very nice receipe