Related posts: Mango dosa, Goan Raw Mango Curry, Mango Popsicles
Ingredients: Prep. Time: 30 Minutes, Serves: 4
6 Ghota/Variety of small soft ripe pulpy mango
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
1-2 tablespoon grated jaggery
3 teaspoon oil
salt to taste
For the curry:
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3 red chillies / shepda / byadgi chillies
1 marble sized ball of tamarind
- Grind the ingredients meant for curry by adding 1/2 cup water. Adjust the thickness of curry as per your taste.
- In Goa we prefer a bit thick curry.
- Keep this curry aside.
- Peel the mangoes and extract little pulp and keep the mango kernel in the extracted pulp. Keep aside.
- Now in a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds splutter, pour the curry in it. Mix everything properly.
- Add the mango pulp along with the kernels. Add 1 tablespoon grated jaggery.
- Adjust salt to taste. If needed add some more grated jaggery. Sweetness can be modified as per taste.
Serve with rice. Serve with love as we do in Goa 🙂
Note: The post was originally published on 14 July 2013. Today on 29-05-2018, I am updating the post with new images. Also the back drop used in images on this post is hand painted by my little artist. Do let me know how it looks.