Make your breakfast healthier and delicious with this Open Toast With Egg, Spinach And Tomato. This is an ideal breakfast dish and gets ready in few minutes. It can be cooked in a jiffy. This fried eggs toast with spinach and tomato is a protein filled breakfast recipe. Always have it hot with your favorite ketchup. If you have it for evening snacks, you can have it with carrot tomato soup.
Open toast with egg, tomatoes and spinach is a healthy and easy to make recipe either for breakfast or during the evening 6’0 clock hunger time. Make your kids eat spinach by keeping this yummy and delicious dish on the dining table. Children will automatically get attracted to it due to the superb looks. My not so small daughter loved this toast with fried eggs and even told me to make some more.
What are the ingredients to make this toast with fried eggs, spinach and tomato?
- Bread slices – The base to make the open toast is bread. Any type of bread can be used. I would prefer using brown bread or multi-grain bread.
- Eggs – The star ingredient in this open toast. Egg is half fried and seasoned with black pepper powder and salt. This fried egg with sunny side up is then placed on the toast.
- Spinach leaves – Chopped spinach leaves are fried in pan in which eggs are cooked till the spinach leaves are wilted. You can even blanch the spinach leaves and place it on the toast.
- Tomato – Sliced tomatoes are fried for 2 minutes and are placed on the open toast. You can even simply place sliced tomatoes without frying them.
- Black pepper powder – This is used to season the eggs while cooking.
- Red chili flakes – This is also used to season the fried eggs.
Steps to make the open toast with eggs, tomato and spinach:
1) Heat a skillet and add 2 tablespoon oil.
2) When the oil gets heated, add the tomato slices one by one and fry them for a minute.
3) Remove the tomato slices and keep them on a separate plate.
4) To the same skillet, add the chopped spinach leaves, a pinch of salt and fry till the spinach leaves wilt.
5) Remove the wilted spinach leaves and keep them on a plate.
6) Now place the bread slices in the same skillet and gently toast them on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
7) Crack open an egg in the skillet. Fry till the white gets cooked.
8) Sprinkle half teaspoon black pepper powder and some salt to taste.
To prepare the open faced toast:
9) Divide the cooked spinach in two parts.
10) Place a toasted bread slice on a plate. Spread one part of cooked spinach on the bread slice.
11) Top this with 4 cooked tomato slices, placing one slice in each corner.
12) Now place the half fried egg on top of the tomatoes.
13) Garnish with half a teaspoon of red chili flakes.
14) Repeat the process for the other bread slice by using the other egg and remaining part of spinach and tomato.
Open Toast With Egg Spinach And Tomato
- Frying pan
- 2 bread slices
- 2 eggs
- 15 spinach leaves chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat a skillet and add 2 tablespoon oil.
- When the oil gets heated, add the tomato slices one by one and fry them for a minute.
- Remove the tomato slices and keep them on a separate plate.
- To the same skillet, add the chopped spinach leaves, a pinch of salt and fry till the spinach leaves wilt.
- Remove the wilted spinach and keep them on a plate.
- Now place the bread slices in the same skillet and gently toast them on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Crack open an egg in the skillet and fry till the white gets cooked.
To prepare the open faced toast:
- Sprinkle half teaspoon black pepper powder and some salt to taste.
- Divide the cooked spinach in two parts.
- Place a toasted bread slice on a plate. Spread one part of cooked spinach on the bread slice.
- Top this with 4 cooked tomato slices, placing one slice in each corner.
- Now place the half fried egg on top of the tomatoes.
- Garnish with half a teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
- Repeat the process for the other bread slice by using the eggs and second part of spinach and tomato.
- Instead of frying the tomato slices, you can simply slice the tomatoes and place them on the toast.
- Also instead of frying the spinach to wilt, you can boil water and add spinach leaves. Just blanch them and use them and use them on the open toast.
- Serve with tomato sauce and a glass of juice.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like:
© Raksha's Kitchen. All the images & content are copyright protected. Do not use images from my website or social media without my prior written permission. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Raksha Kamat and Raksha's Kitchen with appropriate and specific re-direction to the original content. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
In case of unauthorized use of our content, you will be liable for any action resulting from copyrights infringement, trademarks or proprietary rights due to usage of our content by you.