Today’s recipe is a diabetic recipe named ragi rotti or ragi roti which is popular in Karnataka. This dish made with millets is ideally served for breakfast, but you can have it for snacks as well. Ragi is considered as poor man’s staple because it is very nutritious and is not very expensive. Preparing this dish is very simple, you only need to mix the ingredients, and shape it on thin flat circular pancakes and shallow fry them on both sides. I have also used Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care oil (www.FortuneFoods.com/vivo) in this recipe to make it even healthier.
Ragi has numerous health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants, calcium, and vitamin D and is a good source of protein. It controls diabetes because of high fiber content and reduces cholesterol, increases lactation in nursing mothers and is good for bones.
Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care Oil is an oil for the entire family and not just for diabetic or old people. Nowadays most of the people live a sedentary lifestyle and are at higher risk of diabetes. It is a good choice to use this oil for day to day cooking.
Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care Oil is rich in anti-oxidants and has properties which help control high blood pressure. This oil helps manage blood sugar level and helps improves insulin sensitivity. Usage of this oil in cooking also helps reduce bad cholestrol.
All the health benefits of Fortune Vivo Diabetes-Care Oil are clinically proven and published in prestigious research papers and journals like American Journal of Medicine and Journal of Clinical Lipidology.
Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care Oil does not alter the taste of food in anyway. The taste remains the same as when cooked with any other cooking oil. The food cooked with this oil is not only healthy but tasty as well. This oil blends with all types of curries and different types of food. It is suitable for cooking and deep-frying too. Do try this healthy recipe – Ragi Roti and to know more on diabetes awareness and Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care Oil visit http://www.vivobuddy.com
Ragi Roti | Ragi Rotti
- 2 cup ragi/finger millet flour
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon corriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves torn
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoon Fortune VIVO Diabetes-Care oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 1 banana leaf
- Take a mixing bowl and add ragi flour, finely chopped onion, grated carrot, grated coconut, jeera, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, torn curry leaves, salt and mix.
- Add water little at a time and mix to make a soft pliable dough. Divide the dough into 5 lemon sized balls.
- Heat the tava/griddle.
- Grease it with 1 tablespoon of Fortune VIVO Diabetic Care Oil and wait for it to get heated.
- Meanwhile take a banana leaf and apply 1 teaspoon Fortune VIVO Diabetic Care oil on it.
- Take a ragi dough ball and gently press it into a thin flat roti of diameter 5 inches with your fingertips.
- Lift the banana leaf and gently flip the roti on the heated tava. Slowly remove the banana leaf.
- Spread 2-3 drops of Fortune VIVO Diabetic Care oil on top of the roti.
- Turn and cook the roti on both sides.
- Repeat the process for all the ragi dough balls.