Egg burji or anda bhurji is delicious Indian style scrambled eggs. This masala scrambled eggs taste best with bread or rotis.
We thought of returning back to Bangalore by bus as we could not get train tickets. Though, we traveled back by a Volvo bus, we were damn tired. I could neither sit properly nor could sleep properly. Just that I had to spend 12-13 hrs in the bus. For time pass in the bus, we saw the Bollywood movie – 3 Idiot’s. This was the 2nd time I saw the movie and still I feel I should watch it again.
Egg Burji / Delicious Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
- 3 Eggs
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1 big tomato finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes minced
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- To taste salt
- In a pan, fry onions on a medium flame in 2 tablespoons oil.
- Keep the pan covered.
- After the onions turn pinkish, add finely chopped tomato and stir well. Cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped green chili, stir well.
- Now add turmeric powder and chili powder and stir well.
- Add salt to taste. I normally add 1/2 teaspoon.
- Break the eggs and add it to the onion tomato mixture.
- Let the eggs get a little thicker. You will notice that the eggs stick to the pan.
- When this happens, stir and mix well till the eggs dry up completely. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulkas or chapatis.
Pin this image on Pinterest.
Note: This post was published on 9 June 2011. It has been updated today after 6 years on the same day with fresh images and re-posted. I did not want to change the text that I wrote in 2011 due to some lovely memories and hence leaving it as it is 🙂 Enjoy the recipe.