Garlic Red Chilli Coconut Chutney is one of my favorite chutney. Chutneys are also known as Indian dips. The garlic red chilli chutney recipe is very easy to make. Just mix the ingredients and blend them together in a blender. You can alter the addition of red chillies as per the spiciness.
This garlic chutney can be served with chapatis, dosas, puris, idlis or ragi roti. Serve this garlic red chilli coconut chutney as an accompaniment with rice. The simple recipe needs only 5 minutes to prepare. You only need to keep grated coconut ready. This garlic coconut red chilli chutney can also be added in Vada pav for a change.
Sometimes, when I feel very lazy, we prepare this garlic coconut red chilli chutney and have it with chapatis for dinner. The taste and flavor of garlic awakens the senses. I have added ½ inch raw tamarind piece to this garlic chutney. You can even add ½ teaspoon tamarind pulp if you cannot find raw tamarind.
You can also check this pudina chutney recipe.
- 1/2 cup coconut freshl grated
- 5 Garlic Pods peeled and chopped
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/2 inch tamarind piece
- To Taste Salt
- Take a blender and add all the ingredients. Blend by adding 2 tablespoon water into a semi dry paste. Taste salt and adjust as per taste.
- Serve with puris or ragi roti.
- If you wish you wish, you can season it with mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- The number of red chillies can be adjusted as per taste.