One fine day my hubby got Mackerels from market. I re-tried the stuffed Mackerel recipe. This time I modified it slightly and my hubby really loved it. This is my signature recipe. It was a real hit in Raksha’s Kitchen. It turned much more better then the last time I made it. So on the coming Sunday, he again got Mackerels and told me to make stuffed Mackerel’s. This was by public demand. Many of my friends were also asking me how to make them. So I thought of presenting step-by-step recipe with pictures. I am sure this will help all the fans of Raksha’s Kitchen. Do try this recipe and let me know.
2 marinated mackerels
3 green chilles
3 tablespoon grated coconut
4-5 garlic pods
1/2 inch ginger
1 inch piece of tamarind
1 teaspoon corriander seeds
4-5 black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1/2 medium sized finely chopped onion
1 cup rawa
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Oil as needed for frying
Clean the Mackerel by cutting only its head and fins.
Marinate the fish by applying 1 tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
1) Make the paste meant to be stuffed by grinding all the ingredients meant for stuffing except the chopped onion. You can add 1/4 cup water while grinding. Don’t make the paste too watery.
2) Add raw chopped onion to the paste and salt to taste and mix well.
3) Cut open the mackerels as shown below. The bone will be on one side and some part of fish flesh will be on the other side.
4) Hold the mackerel as shown below and stuff then with the masala paste.
5) Apply the stuffing on both sides of the Mackerel.
6) Keep the rawa ready by mixing the ingredients meant for frying except oil.
7) Coat the stuffed Mackerel with rawa on all the sides.
8) Keep the pan on gas and let it get heated slightly. Then spread oil as needed and let it get heated.
9) Place the rawa coated stuffed mackerels on the frying pan. After 10 mins, gently turn it to the other side.
You can use two big frying spatula for turning this to the other side. Now put a little oil in the top of the turned Mackerel. Fry it for another 10 mins.
10) Do not let the rawa get burnt. So always fry on low flame and keep on turning to the sides.
Also check out top 10 Goan fish curry recipes.
You might also like:
Rava Kheer | Ravo | Liquid Diet After Tooth Extraction | Baby Food
Steamed Vegetable Momos | Steamed Vegetable Dumplings Using Tupperware Steam It
China Grass / Agar Agar Pudding With Almonds And Pistas
Ash Gourd Halwa | Kuvalyacho Halwo
Savory Veggie Corn Cheese Muffins
Masala Omelette Recipe Using MyAsusZenFone
Gobi Paratha - Step By Step