3 bean salad is a healthy salad which can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can have it as snacks too. This salad is high in fiber, protein and nutrients. Beans are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals such as folate, potassium, iron, magnesium and zinc. You can pack it in lunch box and carry it to office too to have it when you get hunger pangs.
Health benefits of beans are numerous. It contains more protein than meat. Regular consumption of beans lowers the risk of heart disease, helps fight cancer, helps to lower cholesterol due to high fiber content, helps manage diabetes and aids weight loss.
I have used 3 types of beans in this recipe – namely kidney beans that is rajma, garbanzo beans or kabuli chana and black eyed beans known as chawli. You can boil these 3 types of beans together in pressure cooker or simply steam them. After boiling, refrigeration is optional. Mix the other ingredients and your salad is ready. Wondering how to serve the 3 bean salad? Serve it with nachos and roasted cauliflower soup or have it simply. I love to have it simply.
If you want to prepare this in advance, just boil the beans and keep in fridge. Just before serving, mix the beans with salad dressing and other vegetables. This salad tastes even better when you make it the previous night as the beans absorb the dressing.
3 Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 cup kidney beans/rajma boiled
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans / Kabuli chana boiled
- 1/2 cup black eyed beans / chawli boiled
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 lettuce leaves torn
- Few sprigs of parsley finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- To taste Salt
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients except dressing.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the ingredients in dressing one by one and mix well.
- Serve cold. If you can't eat cold, serve it at room temperature.