Raw Mango Pickle | Raw Mango Sweet And Spicy Chutney | Goan Goad Lonche Recipe | Goan Raw Mango Sweet Pickle | God Mel
Ingredients: Prep. time: 45 minutes, Makes : one bottle of pickle
- 1 Raw Mango
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 and 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon methi / fenugreek seeds
- 10 black pepper seeds
- 1 teaspoon hing / asafoetida / piece of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Peel the raw mango and cut into small pieces. Slit the green chilies horizontally.
- In a pressure cooker, add the raw mango pieces, green chilies and 1/2 cup water. Cook for one whistle and switch off the gas.
- In another utensil, mix jaggery in 1 cup of water and keep aside.
- For the tempering with masala, take a tadka pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and let it get heated for 1 minute. First add the asafoetida, then add fenugreek seeds, next add black pepper seeds and last add the mustard seeds. Switch off the gas.
- When this tempering masala cools, crush the mixture with a mortar and pestle. Keep this aside.
- Take a deep bottom pan and mix the jaggery mixture along with the water with the raw mango mix from the pressure cooker. Switch on the gas and let it simmer on low flame.
- Continue to cook till the mixture gets reduced to 1/2 by stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar and red chili powder.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Add the ground masala made for tempering and stir well.
Serve with hot rotis or parathas or pooris.
Note: This recipe was published on 4th June 2014. Today on 23rd April 2019, I am updating the recipe with new pictures.