In my previous posts, you have read the various recipes which I made using TTK Prestige products. TTK Prestige is one of the best kitchen appliances brand in India and they have collaborated with me to create delicious and healthy recipes. Today’s post is about the review of TTK Prestige Clip-on Stainless Steel 5 ltr Pressure Cooker and a delicious recipe “Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry” made using the product. Pressure cooker means Prestige and this is the first brand which comes to our mind before buying a pressure cooker.
About TTK Prestige:
TTK Prestige Limited is the pioneer and leader in the category of pressure cookers and pressure handis in India. Prestige has the largest range of pressure cookers, pressure handis, cookware and kitchen appliances like gas stoves, mixer grinders, food processors, rice cookers, barbecues, electric irons, etc.
In an Indian kitchen, a pressure cooker is a must. We use it almost everyday either for pressure cooking/boiling vegetables like potatoes or legumes like kidney beans or kabuli chana. Some even use it for making rice, Idlis or cakes and some even make puddings by using the double boiler method. Apart from saving time, pressure cooking food saves gas or electricity (if used on induction).
Drawbacks of conventional pressure cookers:
Only one drawback of conventional pressure cookers is the safety. If not used properly this can lead to disasters. Till now we all knew 2 types of pressure cookers – the outer lid pressure cookers where we align, close the lid, put the weight value and pressure cook and the second – Inner lid pressure cooker where we align, insert the lid, align, again, close the hook on the lid, and put the valve and pressure cook. My first experience with pressure cookers was when I was a newlywed. I used to get very scared every time the pressure cooker whistle blew and prayed to God secretly to avoid a blast.
About the TTK Prestige Clip-on Pressure Cooker:
TTK Prestige knows the pain points of the end-user. Hence they came up with an innovative product – Clip-on Pressure cooker. In this product the lid of the pressure cooker is designed in such a way that you don’t have to mess with the inner or outer lid. You only have to fix the lid anywhere on the cooker and turn the knob and pressure cook. You can use the same container to pressure cook and even to serve. The product is completely modular.
Cook and serve in the same utensil:
Normally when we pressure cook, we cook in the pressure cooker and serve in a different serving bowl. But with TTK Prestige Pressure cooker, you can cook and serve in the same bowl. This is just one product for all your cooking needs – cooking, sautéing, frying, deep frying and even serving.
This pressure cooker comes with a glass lid too which can also hold the ladle while cooking. You can use one product for multiple things and hence save space in kitchen too. The unique lid can be used to convert any utensil in this pressure cooker range into a cooker. This lid can be placed in any position on the utensil and can be securely locked.
Safety comes first and TTK Prestige has made a revolution by making this pressure cooker one of the safest one available in Indian markets. The unique lid comes with a pressure indicator that also acts as a locking device making sure that the lid can’t be opened when the pressure is high. There is a gasket too for extra safety.
This pressure cooker can be used on both gas and induction. A full plate Alpha Base Induction bottom ensures faster cooking. This pressure cooker is ideal for heavy duty use due to high quality and hard anodised body.
You can read this recipe of pudina pulao which I made using the innovative TTK Prestige microwave pressure cooker and also check this fish curry recipe where I used the innovative product TTK Racer mixer grinder to grind the masala.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry
- 1/2 kg Chicken chopped into pieces
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut extract thick coconut milk or use 1 and 1/2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 10 Garlic Pods
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled
- 2 green chillies
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon oil
- To taste Salt
For Marinating the chicken:
- 10 garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger piece
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Wash the chicken pieces with water.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in marination namely garlic pods, green chillies, turmeric powder, ginger and coriander leaves to a paste. Apply this paste to the chicken pieces along with salt. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the fridge.
Let us make the gravy:
- Take the utensil/bowl of the TTK Prestige pressure cooker and heat it.
- Add oil and after oil gets heated, add the spices – black peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon and let the flavors get infused in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add chopped onions and fry till they turn pinkish.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix them with onions.
- Close the cooker utensil with the see through glass lid provided with the cooker.
- Stir occasionally till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- While the tomatoes are getting cooked, make paste with garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves without adding water.
- Open the lid, and add this paste to onions and tomatoes and mix well.
- Close the lid again and let it cook till aroma of garlic fills the air.
- Next, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and cumin powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add ground coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces and simmer for 10 more minutes by closing the cooker utensil with the glass lid.
- Open the lid and add ½ teaspoon salt and mix well. Remember that we have already added salt while marinating the chicken too. So taste the gravy and add accordingly.
- Add ¾ cup water, mix and close the pressure cooker with the clip on lid by rotating the knob.
- Turn heat to medium and cook till 3 full whistles blow.
- After 3 whistles, switch off the gas and wait for the pressure from the cooker to be released.
- After the pressure gets released, you will observe the red value going down and you will be able to rotate the lid.
- Mix well and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.