Chicken Rava Fry is marinated chicken is coated with semolina or rava and is then shallow fried in little oil. This is served as a starter or appetizer or a side with rice.
My Little one loves chicken and calls it chicken fish. She eats a very less of it, but she loves the taste and jumps with joy when she sees the fried chicken. The other day, my hubby took her to the shop and they bought Real Good Chicken. My little one wanted to play with the packet. But then we told her that there is chicken in it and it has to be cooked. Immediately she handed the packet to me. I cleaned and marinated the chicken. But my little one just had no patience and wanted to eat that chicken fish as she calls it. So I made Chicken Rava Fry.
I just marinated the chicken for 1 hour and then tried 3 dishes. One was green chicken, one was chicken malvani and the 3rd was chicken rava fry. Green chicken for me, chicken malvani for my hubby and the 3rd one was for my little barbie doll. We did have all the 3 dishes and it was real fun. We also love chicken cafreal.
The chicken rava fry was a hit as my little one loved it a lot. The special taste of green masala made it really great.
Funniest thing was that, I was feeling bored to cook. I even told my mom on phone that I will not cook that day. But at night for dinner I ended up cooking 3 things at a time and also made some chapatis. God knows from where I got the stamina to cook so much. But I think it was only because of that long weekend. My mom was surprised to hear that I ended up with 3 chicken dishes and that too in the month of Shravan where most of the Indian Hindus do not consume non-veg food.
Rava Fried Chicken
Marinated chicken is coated with semolina or rava and is then shallow fried in little oil. This is served as a starter or appetizer or a side with rice.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 People
- Tava / frying pan
- 10 - 12 chicken pieces without/without bone
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Clean the chicken pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients for marination, except curd.
- Mix the ground green paste with curd.
- Apply it to the chicken pieces. Cover it with aluminium foil and keep in freezer for 1 hour for marination.
- After 1 hour, take it out of freezer and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- On a plate, mix the rice flour, rava/semolina, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Coat the marinated chicken in this rawa.
- Heat the frying pan and spread 1 tablespoon oil. Add more if required.
- Place the chicken on the pan and fry on low flame.
- After 10 minutes turn them to the other side.
- Fry them for 20 minutes.
- You know they are done when they turn brown.
Always use low flame for frying and do not cover the pan.
Pin this image on Pinterest. If you like the recipe, give us a 5 star rating.
This post has been updated with new pictures on 29-01-2017
You might also like:
Cold Pasta Salad With Potatoes
How To Make South Indian Filter Coffee And A Product Review of Tsakafi
Shrimp Rice Paper Rolls With Spicy Sriracha Dip
Onion Rava Fry | Shallow Fried Onion
Goan Special – Drumstick Curry / Sangacho Ross
Fried Crabs | Rava Fried Crabs | Crab Fry | Goan Recipes
Stuffed Brinjal | Bharli Vangi ( Step - by - Step )