Chicken Rava Fry is marinated chicken is coated with semolina or rava and is then shallow fried in little oil. This is served as a starter or appetizer or a side with rice.
The chicken rava fry was a hit as my little one loved it a lot. The special taste of green masala made it really great.
Rava Fried Chicken
- Tava / frying pan
- 10 - 12 chicken pieces without/without bone
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Clean the chicken pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients for marination, except curd.
- Mix the ground green paste with curd.
- Apply it to the chicken pieces. Cover it with aluminium foil and keep in freezer for 1 hour for marination.
- After 1 hour, take it out of freezer and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- On a plate, mix the rice flour, rava/semolina, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Coat the marinated chicken in this rawa.
- Heat the frying pan and spread 1 tablespoon oil. Add more if required.
- Place the chicken on the pan and fry on low flame.
- After 10 minutes turn them to the other side.
- Fry them for 20 minutes.
- You know they are done when they turn brown.
Pin this image on Pinterest. If you like the recipe, give us a 5 star rating.
This post has been updated with new pictures on 29-01-2017