My latest love in the kitchen is this brand new Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch. You might be wondering why I love it so much, right? Yes! There is not one, but multiple reasons for my love towards it. The more I use it, the more I am falling in love with it. It is like my assistant who silently obeys my orders. I only have to feed it with the ingredients needed to cook a dish and give the instructions. It keeps the food ready for me when I am hungry. Today’s recipe is Upma made using Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker. Oh Yes! I made upma in this electric pressure cooker.
About Preethi Kitchen Appliances:
Recently I had been to Preethi Kitchen Appliances bloggers jam meet at M G Road, Bangalore. I was impressed by the range of products manufactured by Preethi Kitchen Appliances. Every product is innovative and is thoughtfully made. I am sure, you all know about Preethi Kitchen Appliances. Many home-makers love to run their kitchen with a Preethi mixer-grinder. Preethi is India’s largest mixer grinder brand and a leading Kitchen Appliances company. Started in 1978 as a small mixer-grinder brand, Preethi has grown into a nationally reputed kitchen appliances company. Auto-Cooker/ Warmers, Induction Cook Tops, Electric Pressure Cookers and Coffee Makers are just a few among our products which have captured hearts of many Indian families.
About Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch:
Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch (Model No. EPC 004) has a pan capacity of 5 liter. It can cook maximum 6 cups of rice. The cooking pan is aluminium nonstick coated. The entire cooker weighs only 5.6 KG and has 900 W power consumption.
It comes with the following accessories:
- Flat ladle
- Measuring cup
Features of Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch:
Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch is an 8-in-1 Programmable Pressure cooker. Both open lid and close-lid cooking is possible using this Electric Pressure Cooker unlike the regular rice cooker where only close lid cooking is possible. It has various pre-set programs like:
- On-Demand pressure
The multi-cooker can operate without closing the lid for Pongal, pulao/biryani and gravy. This is feature is useful when we want to add seasoning or fry vegetables. For rice, idly, chicken, meat and on-demand pressure only closed lid cooking is possible.
No need to wait for pressure to drop before serving food
In traditional pressure cookers, you need to wait for pressure to drop before serving. This is unsafe as we sometimes tend to open the conventional pressure cooker, especially when we are pressed for time. With Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker, you need not wait. You can instantly serve the dish. You can cook any recipe – traditional, modern or International, within an hour. Best part is, these recipes gets cooked within an hour. You need not even monitor it like a normal pressure cooker.
To tailor for varying tastes and food condition, the program comes up with 3 adjustable texture options – Coarse, Medium and Well done.
- Coarse option can be used to cook pasta al-dente.
- Medium texture ensures that food texture is cooked to the mark of perfection.
- If you want to cook for your baby or grand-parents you can cook with the “Well done” mode.
Preethi Touch gives you freedom from pressure cooker whistle. It preserves the aroma of the food as the cooking is happens in a closed environment. The Nonstick Al Pan is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns. The New body is made up of brushed stainless steel and its finger print resistant. A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you are ready to serve
Preethi Touch protects you with 7 proven Safety Mechanism
- Safety lid Lock prevents accidental opening while the cooker is pressurized
- Pressure Regulator ensures working pressure to be under the safety limit of 150 KPa to 180 KPa
- Automatic Pressure Limiter keeps pressure always in the safe range
- Excess Pressure Protection releases excess pressure into internal chamber in a dangerous situation
- Automatic Temperature Control regulates temperature based on the type of program being selected and in case of dry heating shuts of the Pressure cooker
- Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limit
- Anti-Jam Cover will help you avoid possible jam of the lid.
Once you buy any Preethi product, you get free service for life-time.
In case of power shutdown, the cooking time and mode gets reset. In that case, after the power is up, you need to manually re-start cooking by setting the time needed to cook. The On-Demand Pressure mode is useful during this time.
Now let us come to the recipe of Upma made using Preethi Touch. You can also try this upma with oats.
Click here to purchase Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker:
Check out this video to know how to cook the recipe using Preethi Touch.
Upma Recipe Made Using Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch
- 1 and 1/2 cups rava/semolina roasted
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies slit
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida/hing
- 2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoon Coriander seeds finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jaggery grated
- 4 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- Open the Preethi Touch, place the non-stick pan inside. Connect the power cord to the wall socket and switch on. The LED display and Keep warm indicator will start blinking with beep sound.
- Set the mode to “Pongal” on the menu function on the control panel by gently pressing the button. The menu indicator will start glowing.
- Set the texture. By default the texture is medium, but if you want a sticky cooked upma, press the well-done texture.
- Add oil and let it heat.
- Add asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- After mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves and slit green chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add finely chopped onion and fry till it turns pinkish.
- Add tomato and fry till it turns mushy.
- Add green peas and mix well.
- Now add 3 cups water and let it boil.
- After water boils, gently pour roasted rava in it while mixing continuously to avoid formation of lumps.
- Close the lid of Preethi touch, turn and set the whistle.
- The time to cook will get displayed which in this case was 10 minutes. After cooking, the cooker will give beep sound and automatically go to "Keep Warm" mode.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes after cooking and open the lid of the Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch and add ghee and mix well.