Today’s recipe is simple and delicious recipe names banana sheera. This recipe can be served either for breakfast or for evening snacks. It can also be served as a traditional dessert. The Indian pudding with banana or kelyacho sheero tastes great and can be prepared within 30 minutes. So if you have any unexpected guests, you can quickly make this dish.
In previous post you have seen mango sheera. This time I made banana sheera, which I have been planning to post of my blog since many years. I make this recipe regularly as everyone at home loves it, especially me 🙂
Rava banana sheera is nothing but an Indian pudding made with rava/semolina and banana. Any type of banana can be used in this recipe. I have used small elakki bananas. Some people even add milk to this recipe, but I prefer making it without milk. This recipe can also be called as banana kesari or rava kesari with banana.
How to cook banana sheera?
Recipe is very easy to cook. Just dry roast rava till aroma wafts in air. Heat a kadai and add ghee. Then add chopped bananas and crushed cashewnuts and fry for few minutes. Add roasted rava, sugar and mix well. Pour boiling water and mix. While mixing, mash banana pieces with the spatula. Add salt to taste and garnish with crushed cardamom pods. Mix well. If needed add more ghee and mix before serving.
See the sheera video recipe:
- 3 small bananas peeled and chopped into pieces
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoon ghee / clarified butter
- 5-6 cashewnuts chopped
- 4 cardamom pods peeled and crushed
- A pinch Salt
- Boil water in a utensil and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai and dry roast rava till aroma wafts from it. After roasting, keep it aside.
- In same kadai, add 3 tablespoon ghee. After ghee is heated, add banana pieces and fry for 2 minutes. Add cashewnut pieces and fry for a minute.
- Now add roasted rava/semolina and mix well. Add sugar and mix. While mixing, mash the banana pieces with the spatula.
- Pour boiling water in rava and sugar mixture and stir.
- Add crushed cardamom, pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and mix again. Serve hot.
If you like the recipe, try it out and add it on social media with hashtag #rakshaskitchen. Follow us on instagram and other social channels with handle @rakshaskitchen