Today’s recipe is paneer tikka in oven. I had prepared this paneer tikka recipe for my mother in laws birthday and it was hit in my house. After this, I also prepared this oven grilled paneer tikka kebab and took it for a potluck party in office. The paneer kebab recipe is very simple and easy to make. If you run out of electricity, you can make the same marinade for paneer cubes and easily make paneer tikka on tava.
Last year, I had cooked chicken tikka kebab on a barbecue grill. That time itself, I got motivated to prepare many more dishes on the grill. But lightning charcoal is bit tedious, so I thought of making kebabs in my OTG. I had seen my blogger friend Richa’s paneer tikka recipe and really got inspired by it. Modified the recipe slightly as per my taste and it turned really delicious.
I also made chicken tikka on tava once and it turned delicious. This time I decided to make paneer tikka in oven. This oven grilled paneer tikka recipe is super quick. It can be served as starters for any type of parties.
Paneer is Indian cottage cheese. I have marinated it using thick curd or yogurt. To that I added gram flour which is known as besan in India. Then I added various spice powders like Kashmiri red chili powder for red color, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper power, chaat masala, crushed kasuri methi, ginger garlic paste, salt, vegetable oil and lemon juice. The curd that I used was not sour, hence I added lemon juice. If the curd that you use is sour, do not add extra lemon juice.
After mixing the ingredients meant for marination, I added the cubed chopped vegetables like bell pepper and onion. Then I added the paneer cubes and mixed gently. Kept this in fridge for marination.
Thread the marinated paneer and vegetables onto the skewers. In this recipe I used metal skewers. You can use bamboo skewers too. Remember to soak the bamboo skewers for atleast an hour before grilling. Else the skewers might get burnt.
Paneer Tikka In Oven
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese) cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium sized onion cut into 1 inch square pieces
- 1/2 medium sized red bell pepper cut into 1 inch square pieces
- 1/2 medium sized green bell pepper cut into 1 inch square pieces
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste preferably home-made
- 3/4th cup yogurt or thick curds
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon gram flour / besan roasted
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder Kashmiri
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter for brushing the tikkas
- Take a mixing bowl and add thick curds. To this add roasted besan, all spice powders, ginger garlic paste, kasuri methi, salt and oil and mix well.
- Add the cubes onions and capsicum and mix well.
- Next add cottage cheese or paneer cubes and mix gently. Keep this in fridge for atleast 1 hour to get marinated.
- Take the skewers and carefully thread the paneer, onion and capsicum onto the skewer.
Let’s begin making the paneer tikkas in oven:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C for 10 minutes.
- Place the grill rack on the cooling pan.
- Place the skewers with paneer and vegetables on the grill rack and place in the oven.
- Grill them for 8 to 10 minutes and then turn them to the other side and grill for further 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook the paneer tikkas as they will turn hard.
- Brush the paneer tikkas with butter.