Overnight chocolate oats is a no cook recipe too and can be made in a jiffy. The weight watchers will love it as it is a great recipe for those that are trying to shed some pounds.
Overnight chocolate oats is a version of healthy breakfast overnight oats recipe. Oatmeal is a nutritious dish but by having it uncooked you can reap more health benefits from it. This overnight oatmeal is a perfect weight loss recipe too as it is filled with fiber and makes the person feel full for longer.
Let us see the ingredients to make this overnight oatmeal recipe:
- Oats – Oats is the star ingredient around which the entire recipe is based. I have used rolled oats in this recipe.
- Milk – I used normal milk in this healthy oats recipe. To make it healthier use slim milk. This will help the weight watchers too.
- Chocolate powder – Any type of chocolate powder can be used. You can even use cocoa powder. This is an optional ingredient and is used just to enhance the taste of the overnight oats.
- Honey – Instead of using sugar, I have used honey as a sweetener. This is also an optional ingredient. If you can consume the oats recipe without sugar, go ahead and have it without any sweetener. But please remember not to use any artificial sweeteners.
- Chia seeds – I have added chia seeds to add more fiber to the recipe. Chia seeds is also good for weight loss.
- Fresh fruit – Fresh fruits like banana, apple, strawberry, etc. can be used while serving or consuming overnight oats. This is also an optional ingredient. But to make your breakfast healthy, do try to have atleast 1 type of fresh fruit.
How to make overnight oats recipe?
Add all ingredients like rolled oats, milk, chocolate powder, and honey and chia seeds to a glass jar and mix well. Close the jar with lid and refrigerate for atleast 6 hours or overnight. Next morning serve it with a fresh fruit like banana, apple or strawberries.
How to make gluten free overnight chocolate oats?
You can replace rolled oats with gluten free oats and use it in this recipe. This can be made with vegan chocolate too.
To make overnight oats vegan, just replace normal milk with almond milk.
How to serve this recipe?
Serve healthy overnight oats chilled. This dish stays good in refrigerator for upto five days. If you don’t like chilled oats, you can microwave it. Just remember to use microwave safe jar. You can also heat it on stove by transferring the contents to another utensil.
Overnight Chocolate Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Fresh fruit banana
- Take a glass jar and add all ingredients except fresh fruit. Mix everything nicely with a spoon. This combined the oats nicely. If you prefer more runnier oats, add little more milk and mix.
- Cover the jar with lid and keep it in refrigerator overnight or for atleast 6 hours.
- Top with fresh fruit like banana and eat the oats.
If chocolate powder is not available, use cocoa powder.
Pin this image on Pinterest.