Yummy and delicious homemade veg pizza made from scratch. Made with simple toppings which can be easily found at home, this pizza is made with yeast and is baked in an oven.
Today’s recipe is a yummy and delicious veggie pizza made at home from scratch. Yes! You read it right. If you are unable to order pizza from store, you can easily bake it at home. The experience of baking pizza from scratch at home is great and when family loves the pizza, it feels awesome.
This is an easy homemade pizza recipe where the base is made with all-purpose flour (maida) and yeast. Follow the steps in recipe to make the pizza dough. If you are going to bake the veggie pizza on the same day, let the dough rise for 2 hours before baking.
If you plan to bake pizza on next day, just store the pizza dough in fridge after it rises. Ensure that there is enough place in the container as the dough will continue to rise even in fridge.
I did not have time to make pizza sauce, so I used readymade pizza sauce which I had in my fridge. I also used some chili garlic sauce in this recipe. If you don’t have pizza sauce, you can make it by mixing tomato puree with garlic, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder and salt.
For toppings, I used onion, capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato. These were the only ingredients which I could use as toppings. You can even add chopped olives, mushrooms, basil leaves, baby corn, sweet corn or cottage cheese. Try different combinations of toppings. Just remember not to overload the pizza with too many toppings.
How do you make a veggie pizza from scratch?
First prepare the pizza dough:
- In a small cup, take some warm water and add yeast to it. The yeast will get activated and become frothy.
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour. Pout the yeast water, salt and mix till dough becomes slightly elastic.
- Cover it and keep aside till it doubles in size.
- Once it rises and doubles, punch air from the dough and mould slightly. You can apply little oil to hands while working with dough.
- Make 2 equal parts of the pizza dough.
Next step is to assemble the pizza:
- I used store bought pizza sauce and chili garlic sauce in this recipe. You can even use tomato sauce if chili garlic sauce or pizza sauce is not available. The pizza will still taste great.
- Take a baking tray and sprinkle some all-purpose flour on it. Then take a ball of dough and flatten it using fingertips. Keep the edges slightly thick.
- Spread the sauces, oregano, cheese and toppings.
Baking the pizza:
- Pre-heat the oven and later slide the baking tray inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start becoming brownish.
Serve the homemade vegetarian pizza hot with Italian seasonings or oregano and red chili flakes.
Easy Homemade Veg Pizza
For making pizza dough:
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tablespoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup water warm
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For pizza spread:
- 3 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce / tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4th capsicum julienned
- ½ medium sized onion julienned
- 1 small tomato julienned
- 4 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
Let us make pizza dough:
- Take ½ cup warm water and add yeast to it. Wait till yeast activates and becomes frothy.
- If it does not become frothy, take a spoon and stir after yeast gets activate.
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour. Pour yeast water, salt and 1 teaspoon oil and keep on mixing it till dough becomes slightly elastic.
- Now keep the dough covered for 2 hours and watch it rise.
- Once it rises and becomes double, punch air from the dough and mould slightly. You can apply little oil to hands while moulding again.
Let us assemble the pizza:
- Make 2 equal sized balls from the dough.
- Take a baking tray and spread some all-purpose flour on it uniformly.
- Flatten 1 dough ball with fingers and make pizza base of ¼ inch thickness. Let the edges be slightly ticker than rest of the pizza base.
- Apply 1 teaspoon olive oil over the pizza base.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon oregano.
- Place the toppings on pizza namely onion, tomato and capsicum juliennes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon oregano.
- Top this with generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Again sprinkle 1 tablespoon oregano.
Let us bake the pizza:
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes at 230 C.
- Slide the baking tray in the oven and bake the pizza first for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, carefully take the tray out of the oven and spread some more shredded cheese and slide the tray inside the oven.
- Bake it again for 5 more minutes or till the edges become slightly brown.
- If you plan to bake pizza on next day, just store the pizza dough in fridge after it rises. Ensure that there is enough place in the container as the dough will continue to rise even in fridge.
- You can add different types of toppings.
- You can use your own pizza sauce if store bought one is not available.
- You can use tomato sauce if chili-garlic sauce is not available.
Pin this image on Pinterest.