Carrot tomato soup is a vegan, simple to make, clear and nutritious soup made with carrot and tomato without onion and garlic.
Tomato Carrot Soup is vegan, simple, healthy and very easy to make. I make this for my daughter due to the immense health benefits of the two vegetables.
Carrot tomato soup nutrition:
Carrot is rich in vitamin A and is good for maintaining a healthy eye sight. Tomato is also rich is vitamin C and offers lots of health benefits. Due to the vitamins loaded in soup is very good for boosting immunity too.
If you have a poor/picky eater, simply boil the two veggies make a soup like this and give it to your child.
This nutritious soup is also very good when we get cold or sore throats. Drinking this hot soup not only makes you full, but also gives you number of health benefits. Soups and salads are always a healthy option compared to junk and processed foods.
Instead of drinking sugar loaded soft-drinks or aerated drinks, it is a good option to drink tomato soup and also boost immunity. Canned juices are loaded with lots of preservatives, so we can drink this soup without adding the spices simply as juice.
Ingredients to make soup for weight loss:
- Carrots: Always use fresh, firm carrots with bright orange colour. If they are black on the top, do not use them. They might not be fresh.
- Tomatoes: Use fresh, plump tomatoes with smooth skin. The skin of tomato should be free of any bruises.
- Spices: Spice powders like pepper powder and cinnamon powder are added to this soup to make it bit spicy. These are optional and you can adjust the quantity as per your taste.
How to make tomato soup without onion and garlic?
- Chop tomatoes. Peel and chop carrots into small pieces.
- In a saucepan add 1 cup water, boil chopped vegetables. You can even make it in an instant pot or crock pot.
- After cooling, blend the boiled vegetables into a thin juice.
- Pass the juice through a strainer. Discard the pulp.
- After straining you will get clear soup, add cinnamon, pepper powder and salt to taste. Boil this again. If needed add ½ cup water.
Carrot Tomato Soup
- Sauce pan
- 2 cups grated carrot/1 big carrot
- 1 cup chopped tomato/2 tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- To taste Salt
- Boil the grated carrot and chopped tomatoes together in 1 cup water.
- Let it cool.
- After cooling, grind the above mixture into a thin juice.
- Strain and discard the pulp.
- After straining you will get carrot and tomato soup, add cinnamon, pepper powder and salt to taste. Boil this again by adding more water if needed.
- You can adjust the spice levels as per your taste buds.
- You can add half inch ginger while making the soup. Add this while boiling the vegetables.
- Serve hot.
Pin this image on Pinterest.
Note: This recipe was published on 25 Oct 2015. Republished with pinterest pin picture.