Breakfast is an important meal of the day. Breakfast should never be skipped. There is a saying by a well-known American author and nutritionist Adelle Davis “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like pauper.” The saying means that breaking the fast of the night. I make sure that I always make healthy breakfast for my family and ensure that they never skip breakfast. I make various recipes for breakfast like parathas, sandwiches, wraps, poori bhaji, pav bhaji, French toast or bread omelette masala sandwich. Today I will share with you a simple recipe of bread omelette. Recently, I received a Pigeon pop-up toaster and Pigeon frying pan for review.
First let me tell you a little about Pigeon Kitchen appliances. Pigeon kitchen appliances needs no introduction. It is an Indian house-hold brand name In India. They have a large portfolio of products like pressure cookers, gas stoves, mixer grinders, kitchen tools, etc.
Pigeon Pop-Up Toaster:
Pigeon pop-up toaster is a trendy product. It toasts bread within few seconds depending on the browning level. At a time 2 bread slices can be toasted. It is very light in weight and can be cleaned easily. Best part is, it automatically gets switched off once the required browning level is reached. The pop-up toaster does not have a dust lid to close it when not in use. I wish this feature was available. It also does not have a defrost option.
With this Pigeon pop-up toaster, I was able to save time in getting the bread slices toasted. I used to toast the bread slices on tava and it would be time consuming when I have to make breakfast in a jiffy for the entire family. Also unlike tava, I need not stand near the pop-up toaster and monitor the browning. It all gets done automatically.
Some features of the Pigeon pop-up Toaster:
- Extra-long variable width toasting sloths
- Cancel button
- Electronic variable 6 level browning control
- High lift bread release
- Crumb tray
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- 750 W power
- Shock proof and heat resistant body
- Light weight
Pigeon frying pan:
This is one of the smallest frying pan I have in my kitchen. I love it because it can perfectly cook an omelette made with 1 egg. Also the non-stick coating is of high-quality which ensures even cooking. This frying pan can be used on gas as well as induction cook tops.
Both the Pigeon pop-up toaster and Pigeon frying pan have become my partners for making the easiest breakfast – Bread Omelette Sandwich. In this Bread omelette recipe, make the masala omelette by beating egg with vegetables like onion, coriander leaves, green chili and tomato (optional). Add the spice powders, mix and make a quick masala omelette. Toast the bread slices, assemble the sandwich and serve hot.
Bread omelette is a popular street food recipe in India too. This sandwich with omelette is also commonly served in Indian trains. It is also popular in college canteens. In this bread omelette recipe, I have not used butter, jam or cheese. All these are optional and you can use them as per your desire.
Note: This post might contain affiliate links.
Bread Omelette Sandwich Recipe
Bread OmelettePrint Pin Rate
- 1 large egg
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- To taste Salt
- Take a mixing bowl. Add finely chopped onion, finely chopped coriander leaves and finely chopped green chili.
- Add the spice powders – turmeric powder, red chili powder and black pepper powder and mix.
- Break the egg and pour it into the bowl. Discard the shell.
- Beat the egg and mix well until fluffy.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Take the frying pan and heat it. Add oil to the pan. Spread it by moving the pan around.
- Pour the egg and cook on low flame till omelette is cooked on one side. Gently flip it to the other side and cook till egg is completely cooked.
Now let’s toast the bread slices:
- Take a bread slice and place it in the Pop-Up Toaster. Set the browning level and switch on the toaster.
- Once the bread slices are toasted, they get popped and appear in the openings. The toaster gets switched OFF automatically.
Let us assemble the bread omelette sandwich:
- Take a toasted slice on a plate and place ½ omelet on it. If needed, apply tomato sauce to the bread.
- Place another toasted bread on top of the omelet and close the sandwich.
- Repeat the same for the other ½ masala omelet. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee.