I have been making different air fryer recipes ever since I won the air fryer in an cooking contest. I won the first place in that contest. The prize was a brand new Prestige air fryer. This is one of the best kitchen gadget I have ever used and I am totally in love with it. I have been making lots of air fryer recipes. This semolina (rava) coated air fried chicken is a family favorite mainly because it uses negligible amount of oil for frying and also gets the task done in few minutes.
How to cook air fryer fried chicken breast?
I used 3 boneless chicken breast in this air fried recipe . Chopped it into chunks. Marinated them by applying yogurt, spice powders like turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasuri methi, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt. For the coating, I used semolina which is known as rava in India. Added the spice powders to rava to add extra taste in the coating. Then I prepared the air fryer for frying by pre-heating. Meanwhile, I coated the marinated chicken pieces in rava and placed them in air fryer. Fried for around 30 minutes in total by flipping occasionally. If you don’t have rava , you can use breadcrumbs in this recipe.
Rava fried chicken is a hot recipe in my motherland – Goa. Now I have used my air fryer to make this delicious Goan recipe for me and my family. Plus point is that air fried chicken uses very less oil as compared to frying on a tava/frying pan.
You can serve the air fryer fried chicken with spicy pudina chutney or garlic mayo dip. Prepare this dish for lunch or even for evening snacks. You can even make this dish for a party and serve it as a starter. This dish will be a hit.
Air Fried ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 3 boneless chicken breasts chopped into 2 inch cube
- 3/4th cup thick curd / yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder / paprika
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi crushed (optional)
- 6 Garlic Pods crushed into paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon rava / semolina for coating. You can use breadcrumbs too.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Marinate the chicken:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add yogurt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix.
- Add ginger garlic paste, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and mix.
- Keep this marinated chicken in refrigerator for 1 hour or even longer.
Coat the chicken with rava:
- In a plate, add rava/semolina and other ingredients mentioned in the “For coating” section. Mix well.
- Remove the marinated chicken from refrigerator and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Coat the chicken pieces with rava / semolina coating.
Air fry the semolina/rava coated chicken:
- Pre-heat the air-fryer for 5 minutes at 180 C.
- Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer. Gently spread 1 tablespoon oil over the chicken pieces. Air fry for 15 minutes at 180 C.
- After 15 minutes, flip to other side and air fry further for 15 minutes or till the chicken is cooked.