In this post you will find the steps to grill chicken in convection oven or OTG. I had some spicy marinated peri peri chicken legs and mildly spiced chicken tikka boneless.
1) Take a baking tray and pour ½ cup water in it.
2) Above that place the grill tray.
3) If needed wrap the ends of marinated chicken legs with aluminium foil.
4) Place it on the grill tray.
5) Take the boneless chicken pieces and pass a skewer through it. One by one pass through 4-5 chicken pieces.
6) Brush some oil on top of the chicken.
7) Pre-heat the oven in convection mode for 5 Mins at 200 C.
8) After 5 Mins, carefully open the hot oven and place the prepared tray with marinated chicken on the central rack.
9) Bake it in convection mode for 40 Mins by carefully observing the chicken every 10 Mins.
10) After 40 Mins, take out the tray with the help of a oven glove or thick cloth.
11) Turn the chicken to the other side with the help of tongs and again brush some oil onto it.
12) Again place the tray in the oven and bake in convection mode for another 20 Mins.
13) After it is done, take out a piece of chicken and check if the chicken piece can be easily cut.
14) A perfectly cooked piece of chicken will be soft and easy to bite through. If not, grill for 10 more Mins.
I followed the above given steps and I got perfectly grilled chicken and my family absolutely loved it. Peri peri was my hubbys favorite and was extremely spicy. My kid loved chicken tikka kebabs.