It is summer in my part of the world. This is the right time to make variety of summer dishes like salads, juices, ice-creams and off course popsicles. This time I gave a try to watermelon popsicles and everyone at home loved them. They are perfect to beat the summer heat. These watermelon popsicles are made with only 3 ingredients. They are vegan and gluten free too.
The summer vacations are also going on. The kid also learnt to make popsicles. I did the blending part, she poured the juice in the mold and also refrigerated them. She also wriggled them out of the molds and served to all after they were ready. This is a great way to involve kids in some activity in the summer vacations.
You can make popsicles with any type of fresh fruits. I would recommend you to make them using seasonal fruits. The popsicles are a great way to make the fussy kids eat fruits. Fruits are rich in vitamins and should be added to the kid’s diet. The watermelon popsicles can be eaten by old and young too. The entire family can have fun together while eating watermelon popsicles.
The mango popsicle which I made last summer were also a hit in my home. I would recommend you all to buy a popsicle mold. They are available in amazon. If you buy it using the below mentioned link, you will not lose anything. But infact, I will earn some commission 🙂 Isn’t it a great way to support my blog too? Following is the link:
So make some healthy and delicious popsicles this summer…. Thanda thanda cool cool…
- 4 Cups watermelon peeled, chopped and de-seeded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar optional
- Take the blender jar. Add all the 3 ingredients and blend together to form thick pulpy juice. Do not add water.
- Pour the pulpy juice in popsicle mold and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- To release the watermelon pops, place the popsicle molds under running water.
- Wriggle them out of plastic molds and enjoy the fun.