Delicious and easy stir fry made with rajma or kidney beans. This is a rajma dry subzi or sukhe rajma recipe. Serve it with rotis.
Today’s recipe is Rajma Stir Fry or Kidney Beans Stir Fry. This recipe can also be called as “rajma sukhe”. The rajma recipe is very simple and easy to make. This nutritious recipe can be made with ingredients which are easily available in the kitchen.
Rajma rules the kitchen in every North Indians home. But other than that people everywhere also consume kidney beans due to the health benefits it provides. They are rich in protein. Consumption of rajma strengthens the immune system, lowers blood cholesterol, prevents diabetes, prevents hypertension and aids weight loss.
Simply soak the rajma overnight or for 8 hours. After 8 hours, pressure cook it and either make a delicious stir fry or make our favorite Rajma rasmisa. You can even make a salad out of it and consume it for breakfast. Check this chatpata rajma wrap recipe where I have stuffed this same stir fry into a chapatti and made a wrap.
Ingredients to make this kidney beans stir fry:
- Kidney beans / Rajma: Use fresh kidney beans to make this recipe. Any variety of rajma can be used.
- Onion: A medium sized red onion is used in making this delicious Indian stir fry.
- Tomato: A medium sized tomato is used to make this sukhe rajma.
- Garlic: Few garlic pods are added for the pungent flavour.
- Spice powders: Red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala / kitchen king masala and amchur(dry mango powder) have been used to make this delicious Indian stir fry with kidney beans. Dry mango powder is optional.
- Tomato sauce: A little bit of tomato sauce is added to this recipe. This is also optional and makes the stir fry delicious and enhances the taste.
Rajma Stir Fry
Delicious and easy stir fry made with rajma or kidney beans. This is a rajma dry subzi or sukhe rajma recipe. Serve it with rotis.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 People
- ½ cup rajma / kidney beans
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 5 garlic pods finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon kitchen king masala/garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- To taste salt
- Soak the rajma overnight or for 6 hours. Boil them till they are soft. Drain and discard the water. Slightly mash ½ of the boiled rajma and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai and add oil. After oil is heated, add onion and fry till it turns pinkish.
- Add garlic and saute, till garlic emits strong aroma.
- Add chopped tomato and saute, till tomato turns mushy.
- Now add the rajma and mix well.
- Add the powders, namely turmeric powder, red chili powder, kitchen king masala and dry mango powder and mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and mix.
- Add salt to taste, mix and switch off the gas.
Pin this image on Pinterest.
Note: Recipe was published on 22 July 2016 and is republished with pinterest image.