Paneer Bhurji is a delicious recipe which you can prepare within few minutes. This recipe is prepared in a similar style as egg bhurji. The difference is instead of egg, I have used paneer or cottage cheese crumble. This recipe is very simple and is prepared with minimum number of ingredients. Crumbled Cottage Cheese Stir Fry recipe is perfect to pack in the lunch box with rotis or chapattis.
You can also serve Paneer Bhurji with bread. If you feel, then make a grilled sandwich with the paneer bhurji stuffing. It will always taste yummy. The kids love this recipe because of the sweet taste of paneer. I would recommend adding more spice to this recipe.
I made this paneer bhurji with home-made paneer or home-made cottage cheese. Whenever milk packets spoil, I make cottage cheese at home. The steps for making paneer at home is very easy and I have explained step-by-step process to make paneer at home in this post. It is one of the oldest post on my website.
So next time milk gets spoilt, make paneer. Then you can either make this paneer bhurji or make other recipes with paneer like palak paneer or matar paneer. I always prefer using fresh home-made paneer instead of store bought.
Refer to the recipe of paneer bhurji below and enjoy this delicious dish at home. To make paneer crumble, simply chop the paneer into cubes and crumble it using hands. Do not mash paneer.
Paneer Bhurji (Crumbled Cottage Cheese Stir Fry)
- 2 cups fresh paneer/cottage cheese crumbled
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 5 garlic pods minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Few corriander leaves chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- To taste Salt
- Heat a kadai/wok. Add oil and let it get heated.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it turns pinkish.
- Add finely chopped garlic and finely chopped green chili. Sauté till raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Now add crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and mix.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.