A Jewish proverb says that “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he created mothers”. The saying goes true. A mother sacrifices all her happiness and desires just to keep her children happy. She works non-stop without complaining even when she is sick. Every year, the second Sunday is celebrated as Mother’s Day across the world.
Women play many important roles in life. A woman plays the role of a mother, a wife, a home-maker, working woman, single mothers, working moms, etc. In order to honor the Mothers, Akshaya Motors one of the dealers of Mercedes Benz in Bangalore, organized a Mother’s Day event on 13th May 2017. Being a mom, I too was invited to be a part of the event.
Akshaya Motors is a part of the Advaith Group which are one of the largest automotive retail chains in India. They buy and sell luxury Mercedes cars. They are in business since the last 7 years. They have art of workshop and showroom on Mysore road and a boutique showroom in Kormangala. This boutique showroom is strategically located in the heart of the city to cater the customer needs.
They are focused on delivering a world-class customer experience across all business functions. Mercedes-Benz is the fastest growing luxurious and high-end car and these are being sold at Akshaya Motors, Bangalore. The customers can experience the entire range of fascinating Mercedes-Benz models at Akshaya Motors.
Customers are very important for Akshaya Motors. They treat their customers first. Whatever they do any small or big thing, is for their customers. They do lots of customer connect events like luxe-drives, women’s day, etc. to make their customers feel special.
The CEO Mr. Gajanan Hegdekatte and G M Sales & Marketing Mr. Vikas MJ addressed us at the event. The CEO quoted “Today whatever we are is because of our mother and it is very difficult to express in words our mothers love towards us” and therefore they decided to celebrate mother’s day for all their Mom customers.
Soon after reaching the venue, I received a warm welcome from the staff at Akshaya Motors. They wished me for Mother’s Day and took me around the showroom. The showroom is spread on an area of 4,350sq.
Just before the event started, we all were served with Fresh Pressery watermelon, mint and lemon health drink and Bircher muesli from Café Mercedes. Bircher Muesli was made with rolled oats, yogurt, banana, apple, pineapple juice, almonds, raisins and Choco chips.
Café Mercedes is a small café located in a corner of the showroom to add to customer’s luxury experience.
Opposite to the café is a small display of exclusive Mercedes-Benz merchandise for the passionate customers who love the brand.
There is a small corner meant for the kids too.
There is a big LED TV, newspapers and magazines in the sitting area where one can spend time while getting their queries resolved.
Soon the event started with a zumba workshop in association with Chisel fitness center. Latest hip-hocking Bollywood fusion music made the zumba class a real fun. This workshop was conducted by Akshaya Motors to highlight the importance of staying fit.
Soon after the workshop, a session on health, nutrition and fitness was conducted by a dietician – Tabassum.
She gave various tips to stay fit like:
- Choose your cereals wisely. Eat more high fiber diet which includes millets. Rather than eating rice which is a cereal, eat cereals like ragi and millets.
- Eat more pulses, sprouts, vegetables and fruits.
- Eat whole fruit instead of drinking fruit juices as whole fruit has more fiber content. So opt for cut fruits instead of fruit juices whenever possible.
- Vegetarians should include more proteins like legumes, soya products and dairy products in diet.
- Take fats like ghee in moderate quantity.
- Balance all food groups like carbs, proteins and fats.
- Have atleast 1 fruit everyday.
- Exercise atleast for 20-30 minutes in a day to stay fit.
- Physical activity and diet goes hand in hand. Do physical exercise regularly and balance the food that you eat to stay healthy.
- Pregnant women should Increase jaggery and ragi consumption especially in 2nd trimester says the nutritionist. Increase iron and calcium content. Eat unrefined and unpolished cereals like soya and high protein food.
Soon after the workshop, another round of health drink and muesli was served. We all wished each other and went back home with lot of fitness tips and some lovely memories.
Thank you Akshaya Motors for inviting me for the workshop.
No 107/3, 80 Feet Road, 4th Block,
Koramangala, (Near Sony World Junction)