Beat the heat with refreshing mango pomegranate popsicle. This is the season of mangoes and I am sure you are eating lot of mangoes and also trying lots of recipes using mangoes. This weekend, I again made mango popsicles as the kid insisted. I gave a twist to the mango popsicles by adding few pomegranate seeds in them. The end result was, chilled mango pomegranate popsicles which looked cute. This is also a cheat way to make the fussy eaters eat fruits.
The home-made mango pomegranate popsicles are healthy. There are no preservatives added to them. Whenever the kid demands ice-creams, we can give it to them without any guilt. Compared to store brought popsicles, it is better to make fresh and healthy ones at home.
Mangoes are rich in vitamins and everyone loves them. They are in season now and available almost in every nook and corner in India now. So get them and make the best use of them.
Mango pomegranate popsicle is a no cook, preservative free recipe.
They can be made with minimal ingredients and are very easy to make. Simple peel and cut the mangoes. Add chopped mangoes in blender, add milk and sugar. Blend well so that thick puree will be formed. Do not add water. Pour the mango puree in the popsicle mold and randomly add pomegranate seeds while pouring the blended milk and mango puree in. Freeze for 5 to 7 hours or overnight. Whenever you want to serve, keep the popsicle under running water for few seconds and wiggle them out of the plastic molds.
You can also make this as an interested summer activity for your kids. Involve your kids in the popsicle making process and enjoy. The kids will also have a great time as they will learn to make something they love to eat.
Mango Pomegranate Popsicle
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon sugar optional
- Take the mixer blending jar and cubed mango, milk and sugar and whip it for 5 minutes. Do not add water.
- Fill 1/4th the popsicle mold with mango puree and then add 5 to 6 pomegranate seeds. Again fill mango puree and add few more pomegranate seeds. Using a skewer or spoon, arrange the pomegranate seeds randomly.
- Freeze overnight or for 5 to 7 hours.
- To release the mango pops from molds, place the mango pomegranate popsicle under running water for few seconds and wiggle them out of the plastic molds.
- Sugar quantity depends on sweetness of mango.
- You can make these vegan by avoiding addition of milk. Just make thick mango puree by increasing the quantity of mangoes used.