Amrkhand is mango shrikhand. It is made using hung curd, cardamon powder, sugar and mango pulp. Shrikhand is usually served with puri.
This is a season of Mangoes. Wherever I go, I see only mangoes. In Bangalore,we get different varieties like Sindhura, Badami, etc. In Goa, we get the best of best Mangoes. Alphonso is the king of mangoes. Apart from that we also have Manquirad, Furtad, Musrad, etc etc. My in-laws had come from Goa.
My mom sent some Furtad mangoes from our mango farm. Some of the mangoes got over. With the remaining I started experimenting. The first experiment was Amrakhand/Mango Shrikhand. I used to not like mango shrikhand. But last week I had the same in Hotel Rajdhani and kinda liked it. This Amrakhand can be had for breakfast or simply anytime with pooris.
Amrkhand is mango shrikhand. It is made using hung curd, cardamon powder, sugar and mango pulp. Shrikhand is usually served with pooris.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 People
- 2 medium sized mangoes preferably Alphonso
- 500 ml thick curd
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 2-3 saffron strands
- Tie the curd in muslin cloth for atleast one hour till all the water from the curd gets drained away. This is called hung curd.
- Extract the pulp from mangoes. Do not mix water. Blend the mango pulp in a blender.
- To this, mix sugar and cardamon powder. Add the curd and mix well. This can be done using a hand blender. If hand blender is not there, then this can be done using a mixie.
- Garnish with saffron strands.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve chilled.
Tastes best with pooris 🙂