How many people here love Maggi? I personally love Maggi and it was the first dish I ever cooked. Yes! Believe me. Cooking Maggi noodles during the evening hunger time was a small break for me from my studies during my school days. Today after many years… I still love Maggi and my daughter too. She learnt to cook Maggi 🙂 I can proudly say that Maggi is the first dish she too learnt to cook too.
So to all Maggi noodles lovers here, I have an exciting news for you all. Maggi India has just launched 4 new regional flavors from 4 different parts of India. I was invited for the launch party in Bangalore along with few other bloggers. The event was held at Slurp Studio, Indiranagar Bangalore.
As soon as we reached the venue we were welcomed with refreshing lemon tea. Some of us were meeting for the first time and to break the ice we all went into a flash back of the past when we used to secretly cook Maggi noodles in our hostel rooms using hot plates. Oh those days… I used to love adding a slice of cheese in my Maggi. We had a Maggi booth in the college, where we used to get crispy Maggi pakodas. Oh! They were my favorite. And don’t forget the exam times… Maggi was always there even at 3 AM being our best friend at all times.
We all have experimented with our favorite packet of Maggi noodles. We have added eggs, vegetables, and prawns, chicken and even given it a tadka. Nestle India now knows what we Indians love. So they came up with these 4 new Regional flavors in a limited edition #MasalasofIndia box which will surely make you fall in love with it again. From the north comes the Amritsari Achari flavour, from the south comes the Super Chennai flavor, from the east comes the Bengali Jhaal and from the west comes the Mumbaiya Chatak flavour.
Soon after the tea and some chit-chat, we all gathered at the cooking counter where Chef Zaheer Khan introduced us to the 4 new flavors. He cooked these 4 flavors of Maggi and then asked us to taste them and guess the names of the 4 flavors. The guessing game went well. I could guess 3 out of 4 flavors correctly.
Soon after tasting the new Maggi flavors, we all started discussing which about our personal favorite. I personally loved the tangy Amritsari Achari. But the Bengali Jhaal and Super Chennai was also something that I liked. Mumbaiya Chatak was more masaledaar just like the famous Mumbai street food.
The Chef demonstrated 2 innovative recipes with the new Masalas of India Maggi flavors. The first one was a fusion dish where the chef made Japanese style Chicken Teriyaki with Mumbaiya Chatak Maggi flavor.
The second one was an Indian style JhaalMuri with Bengali Jhaal flavor of Maggi Masala. The dishes turned delicious with respect to taste and presentation was mind-blowing.
Followed by the demo the chef split us into 2 groups and we had to cook a unique dish with any one of the four new flavors. That was the fun part. My team chose to prepare a dish with Bengali Jhaal. After a bit of brainstorming, we decided to cook our own version of Bengali Ramen Jhaal Burger with Bengali Jhaal flavor of Maggi. We hand-picked the ingredients one by one and even came up with a recipe which was in line with the theme.
Since Maggi gets ready in 2 minutes, we chose to cook a dish which would get ready quickly. We got some fish and marinated it in panch phoron masala and also fried some eggplant slices to make begun bhaja. We then toasted the burger buns with butter, cooked our favorite Bengali Jhaal flavored Maggi and assembled the burgers by stuffing the begun bhaja, Maggi noodles and panch phoron fish inside the burger.
We also made some garden fresh salad and seasoned it with the spice mix or tastemaker of Bengali Jhaal Maggi.The second team prepared vegetable moussaka with Mubaiya Chatak flavour of Maggi noodles. Both the recipes turned out awesome.
The chef and the Nestle team loved both the recipes and declared both the teams as winners.
All in all, the event truly memorable. We all bloggers bonded with each other and went back home with some “flavourful” memories.
Sharing with you all the recipe that we created.
Ramen Jhaal Burger Recipe
- 1 packet Bengali Jhaal Maggi Masala Noodles
- 2 burger buns
- 2 medium fillets of basa fish
- 4 slices eggplant
- 1 tablespoon panch phoron masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon sev
- 2 tablespoon oil for shallow frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For Paanch Phoron Masala:
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kalonji (Nigella seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Saunf (Fennel seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon methi (Fenugreek seeds)
For garden fresh salad:
- 4 lettuce leaves chopped
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1/4 zucchini chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanuts roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon bean sprouts optional
- 1 packet Maggi Bengali Jhaal Masala tastemaker/spice mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Let us first make the panch phoron masala:
- Add all the ingredients mentioned for panch phoron masala in a mortar and pestle and crush them to a thick coarse powder.
Marinate the fish and eggplant slices:
- Marinate the fish by applying 1 tablespoon panch phoron masala, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Apply 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and ½ teaspoon salt to the eggplant slices.
Fry the fish and eggplant slices:
- Heat a tava/frying pan. Add oil. After oil gets heated, spread the eggplant slices and marinated fish on the frying pan and fry on both the sides.
- While the fish and eggplant gets fried, make Maggi as per the instructions given on the packet. The instructions to prepare Bengali Jhaal Maggi noodles is same as the old classic Maggi. It gets ready in 2 minutes.
- Heat the tava/griddle and add butter. Cut the burger buns into halves and toast it on both sides till they turn brownish.
Now assemble the Ramen Jhaal burger:
- Place one half of the burger on a plate. Top it with 2 eggplant slices. Top this with 3 tablespoon of cooked Bengali Jhaal Maggi noodles.
- Again top the Maggi with panch phoron fish.
- Add some sev and pomegranate seeds for garnish.
Let us make the garden fresh salad:
- To make the salad, take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients mentioned for salad and toss.
- Serve the burger with salad and enjoy the flavors.