Delicious broccoli pesto pasta with pine nuts is a pasta recipe in which garlic and broccoli pesto is added to pasta along with other seasoning and cooked.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta is a healthy version of Italian pasta. If you love pasta, then this broccoli pesto pasta is a must try. Kids normally don’t like broccoli, but there are many ways by which you can make them eat it. Making this pasta is one way of making kids eat broccoli.
Consumption of broccoli protects us from many diseases like various cancers, diabetes and promotes heart health. It also helps in weight management.
Making this pasta is simple. Boil broccoli and puree it with garlic. Add this to boiled pasta. Season it with red chili flakes and Italian seasoning, garnish it with pine nuts or almonds and grated cheese and serve. This pasta is oil free and is therefore healthy. You may not add cheese to this pasta to make it even healthier.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta With Pine Nuts
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 4 garlic pods
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon pine nuts roasted
- 2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- Salt to taste
- Boil the broccoli florets and let them cool. After cooling, discard the water and add the broccoli florets and garlic to a blender and make a puree. This makes the broccoli pesto.
- Boil the pasta aldente. Drain the water and keep the pasta aside.
- In a mixing bowl add pasta, broccoli pesto from the blender, black pepper powder, red chili flakes and Italian seasoning and mix well. Add lemon juice and salt to taste and mix.
- Garnish with roasted pine nuts and grated cheese.
- Garnish with some broccoli florets while serving.
Pin this image on Pinterest.