Chili Garlic Toast is a popular tea-time snack. Either have it for breakfast or have it during snack time. This garlic toast with chili is very simple and easy to make. Ever since I made this toast at home, my hubby stopped ordering garlic bread from the popular pizza joint. It tastes so good, that we can eat it just like that.
Garlic has lots of health benefits. Consumption of garlic lowers blood pressure and improves cholesterol levels, thus protecting the heart. It is loaded with anti-oxidants and thus it is used in treating common cold. Since it tastes delicious, you can add it to the food you cook in various ways, just like how we added it to the toast.
What are the ingredients to make chili garlic toast?
- Butter – Any type of butter can be used. I prefer using herbed butter for better flavors. If you get garlic flavored butter, you can use it for better taste.
- Garlic – Use fresh quality minced garlic. You can even make a paste of garlic and apply it on the bread slices.
- Green chili – Use finely chopped green chili in this recipe. You can substitute green chili for paprika too.
- Bread – I have used multigrain bread for making this recipe. You can even use wheat bread.
Chili garlic toast is a quick and easy under 15 minute breakfast recipe. You can even have it for snacks during evening tea time.
How to make chili garlic toast?
- To make the chili garlic toast, you need some slices of bread, butter, finely chopped or minced garlic and finely chopped green chilies.
- Mix the chopped garlic and chopped chilies in herbed butter, apply on the bread and grill using a Panini grill press or in an OTG.
- You can top this with grated cheese and serve. But I preferred having it without cheese.
How to serve chili garlic toast?
You can pack it in the lunch box too. If you are making this for kids, you can reduce or avoid the addition of green chilies. Serve this with tea and ketchup or jam or with your favorite soup. You can also serve this toast with salads. Parties become more exiting when this toast is served with soup.
Chili Garlic Toast
- Panini grill press
- 6 tablespoon herbed butter
- 10 garlic pods minced
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 4 multi-grain bread slices
- Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. If it is already melted, then skip this step.
- Add minced garlic and finely chopped green chili to the melted butter.
- Apply on one side of bread and grill it on a Panini grill press for 5 minutes or until it is crispy.
- Garnish with Italian seasoning and serve hot with ketchup.
- You can add cheese before grilling to make it chili garlic toast with cheese.
- You can substitute green chilies for paprika.
Pin this image on Pinterest.
Note: This post was published on 8th Feb 2016, updated and republished with description and image. This post contains affiliate links.