Broccoli egg burji is an Indian style scrambled eggs made with broccoli and eggs. This is an innovative egg burji recipe. Serve with bread.
Broccoli egg bhurji is a discovery I did in my kitchen. I make different types of egg bhurji or scrambled eggs with different types of vegetables. I also made it with prawns and everytime it is a big hit in my home. I make the bhurji or Indian styled scrambled eggs in my own simple way. Just sauté the veges, add spices and eggs and mix well. We love to have it with rotis or phulkas.
My little one loves egg bhurji and she calls it “Egg bhaji”. This week I made the egg bhurji with broccoli and my little one said that it was awesome by joining her thumb and index finger and making it into a circle.J A gesture that Indians make when something is good. I always think about making my food healthy as my little one is a fussy eater. Addition of broccoli to this egg bhurji is a wonderful way of making her eat healthy food.
Broccoli Egg Burji
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 6 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Heat a frying pan or skillet and add oil. After it gets heated add finely chopped onion.
- When onion turns pinkish, add chopped garlic and sauté till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add tomato and sauté till it turns mushy.
- Add broccoli florets and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and mix well.
- One by one break the eggs directly into the skillet. Mix well and wait for the eggs to cook.
- Once you see the eggs getting cooked, take a spatula and scramble it in the skillet.
- Scramble continuously till the eggs are finely minced and mixed well with the onion-tomato-broccoli mixture.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and again mix well.
- Switch off the gas and serve hot.
Pin this image on Pinterest.