Chatpata Rajma Wrap is a nutritious dish made with whole wheat flour and kidney beans which you can have either for breakfast or as an evening snack. Since tomato ketchup and curd is added to this wrap, it does not taste very spicy. People prefer wraps as it is easy to pick and eat on the go. Instead of giving the kids chapatti and rajma subzi, simply roll the stuffing inside a roti, top it with dressing of your choice like curd or pudina chutney. If you like tangy taste, add some tamarind chutney instead of tomato sauce.
Rajma or red kidney beans are rich in protein and provide numerous health benefits. Consumption of rajma strengthens the immune system, lowers blood cholesterol, prevents diabetes, prevents hypertension and aids weight loss. I have used Vivatta premium whole wheat chakki atta in this Chatpata Rajma Wrap recipe which is one of the healthiest whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour promotes overall health and also aids in weight loss.
Chatpata Rajma Wrap
For the dough:
- 1 cup Vivatta whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- ½ cup rajma / kidney beans
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 5 garlic pods finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon kitchen king masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoon thick curds
- 2 teaspoon chat masala
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 4 lettuce leaves stems cut
- ½ medium sized onion cut straight
- For applying to the wrap:
- 4 teaspoon ghee
- Soak the rajma overnight or for 6 hours. Boil them till they are soft. Drain and discard the water. Slightly mash ½ of the boiled rajma and keep aside.
- Make the dough by mixing all the ingredients meant for dough. While adding water, add little at a time and knead to make a soft pliable dough. Cover it and keep it aside till the filing is ready.
- For making the filling, heat a kadai and add oil. After oil is heated, add onion and fry till it turns pinkish.
- Add garlic and saute, till garlic emits strong aroma.
- Add chopped tomato and saute, till tomato turns mushy.
- Now add the rajma and mix well.
- Add the powders, namely turmeric powder, red chili powder, kitchen king masala and dry mango powder and mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and mix.
- Add salt to taste, mix and switch off the gas.
- For the dressing, mix curds with chat masala and keep it aside.
- Now the dough, filling and dressing are ready.
- Make 4 balls from the dough and flatten them into round rotis or chapattis one by one.
- Heat a tava or frying pan and place the rolled out roti. Fry it on both sides. Apply ghee to it and place in an insulated casserole.
- One by one, fry all the other flattened rotis.
For making the wrap:
- Place a prepared roti on a plate.
- At the top, place the lettuce leaf.
- At the center of the chapatti, place 2 tablespoon of the chatpata rajma filling in a line. Add more if needed.
- On top of that, add 4-5 drops of tomato sauce in a line.
- On top of this, add the curd dressing and then add straight cut onion on top of this.
- So you have a roti with rajma filling, topped with tomato sauce, curd dressing and onion.
- Now gently roll the roti with the filling. Start with one end of the roti and bring it to the center.
- Then get the other side to the center.
- Fold the bottom part slightly.
- Wrap this filled chapatti roll with a tissue paper.
- Serve with tomato sauce.