Vodya Ross or Vodyache Aam is a Goan curry made with ashgourd fryums and spices in a coconut based curry. It tastes yummy and can be served with rice. This can be made without onion too.
Vodyacho Ross or “Vodya ross” or “Vodyache aam” is a special dish in Goa made with ashgourd fryums.
Goan Vodyacho Ross | Vodya Ros
- 9-10 Vodyo
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 dry red chillies
- 5-6 black pepper
- 1 marble sized ball tamarind
- 1/2 medium sized chopped onion
- Grind the following ingredients together by adding 1/2 cup water - 2 vodyo, grated coconut, coriander seeds, red chilies, black pepper, tamarind and 1 tablespoon chopped onion. The consistency of the gravy should be slightly thick. Add more water and grind if necessary.
- In a kadai, add 2 tablespoon oil. When the oil heats fry the remaining vodyo till brownish.
- Remove the fried vodyo and keep aside.
- In the same pan, fry the remaining chopped onion. When the onion turns mushy, add the gravy.
- When the gravy begins to boil add fried vodyo. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.