Cabbage Stir Fry is a simple recipe which you can prepare for lunch or dinner. You can have this stir fry with rotis or phulkas. Cabbage Stir Fry is a simple and easy to make recipe. It is a meal in itself. Cabbage is very good for diabetic people. I made a simple stir fry with cabbage. You can add grated coconut too to make it tastier.
Cabbage has numerous health benefits. It is a powerhouse of vitamin C and contains higher amount of vitamin C than oranges. Cabbage is useful in treatment of ulcers, cancers, depression, strengthens immune system and helps fight frequent infections like cold and cough and stabilise blood pressure. It can also be used to treat constipation as it contains high fibre content. Since cabbage is low in calories and high in fibre, it can be used in weight loss. It also helps in detoxification as it purifies blood. Just remember that eating cabbage is like taking a multi-vitamin pill.
Before cooking cabbage, wash it thoroughly under running water. You can even make cabbage paratha and enjoy them for breakfast. You can always chop cabbage at night and store in air-tight containers. Next morning “whip up” this quick and delicious stir fry. Pack it in the lunch box with rotis or parathas.
Cabbage Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups cabbage finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar optional
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- To Taste Salt
- Heat a wok/skillet/kadai. Add oil and let it get heated.
- Add onion and sauté till it turns pinkish.
- Then add green chillies and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped cabbage. Stir well.
- To this add 1/2 cup water and simmer with closed lid till all water evaporates
- Add sugar and salt to taste and mix well. Addition of sugar is optional.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.