Have a party at night and wondering what to cook for appetisers? Try these crispy and delicious beer batter prawns. I am sure, your guests will love them and will ask for more. Beer batter Prawns is a crispy and light appetiser. Serve them with drinks like cocktails or mocktails for parties.
Add beer while making the batter and immediately deep fry the beer batter coated prawns. They are perfect a finger food. You can serve these crispy golden fried prawns with mayo or any type of dipping sauce.
These beer batter prawns should be served hot. It turns crispy on the outside and soft inside. I have added pizza seasoning and garlic powder to this recipe. However, if these ingredients are not available then you can add a teaspoon of garlic paste while making batter. Also try other recipes with prawns.
You can make the beer batter and store in the fridge for 1 day. Keep it out of the fridge just before deep frying. Just coat the marinated prawns and deep fry. Serve them hot with mayo or red chilli sauce. If you don’t like the tails, you are free to remove them and make these yummy and crispy beer batter prawns.
Beer Batter Prawns Recipe
- 15 Big Prawns
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For Beer Batter:
- 3/4 cup chilled beer
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cooking soda
- To prepare beer batter prawns, let us start by first cleaning the prawns.
- Wash the prawns, discard the heads and de-vein. Remove the cover by leaving the tip of tails intact. Then make a slit on the back of the prawn till it sits flat. It should almost look similar to a butterfly.
Now let us make the beer batter:
- Take a mixing bowl and add all-purpose flour, cornflour and other powders.
- Now add beer little at a time and whisk to make thick batter. Add salt to taste and mix well.
Let us deep fry the beer batter coated prawns:
- Now heat a kadai and add oil.
- Hold the prawn on the tail and dip it in the batter. Drain away the excess batter and gently drop the batter coated prawn in oil. Deep fry in batches till it turns golden brown for about 3-4 minutes by turning on both sides.