Stuffed Mushroom is a delicious dish which can be served as starters or appetizers. While choosing mushrooms for making this easy stuffed mushroom recipe, choose button mushrooms which are not too small. The stuffing is made with mushroom stems, onion, tomato and garlic mixture. You can even add finely cut prawns or clams to the stuffing. Top the stuffed mushrooms with cheese and bake them in an OTG. If you don’t have an OTG, shallow fry the mushroom caps prior to stuffing. Stuff, top with cheese and again shallow fry the mushrooms. This is a simple stuffed mushroom recipe.
This simple stuffed mushroom recipe is easy to make and can be made for any occasion like New Year’s party or anniversaries. If you have sudden unplanned guests at home, then this recipe is sure to win their hearts.
I made this dish and took it to office. My lunch mates just loved it and showered me with praises. They also learnt the recipe from me and made it at their homes and impressed their spouses and in laws. So give this recipe a try and do let me know how it turns at your end. If you like mushrooms, try mushroom thoran recipe too.
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- 12 Button Mushroom
- 1 Small onion Finely chopped
- 1 Tomato Finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili Finely Chopped
- 8 Garlic Pods Minced
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Green Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 6 tablespoon Mozarella Cheese Grated
- 1 tablespoon Pizza/Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 4 tablespoon Coriander Leaves Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- To Taste Salt
- Wash the mushrooms gently. Separate the stems from the mushroom caps. Finely chop the mushroom stems.
- Heat a wok or kadai and add oil.
- After oil gets heated, add finely chopped onion and fry till it turns pinkish.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
- Add the mushroom stems, close the kadai/wok and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir and add the sauces and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the gas
- Add the pizza seasoning and garlic powder and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C for 5 minutes. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Gently rub each mushroom cap with butter on the outer side.
- Stuff the mushroom cap with the prepared stuffing.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over them.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180C in convection mode. After 10 minutes, remove the baking tray and turn it to the other side and bake for further 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or parsley. Serve hot.
© Raksha's Kitchen. All the images & content are copyright protected. Do not use images from my website or social media without my prior written permission. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Raksha Kamat and Raksha's Kitchen with appropriate and specific re-direction to the original content. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
In case of unauthorized use of our content, you will be liable for any action resulting from copyrights infringement, trademarks or proprietary rights due to usage of our content by you.