Roasted Cauliflower Soup is a healthy soup loaded with Vitamin C. One serving provides the daily dose of vitamins and antioxidants. Cauliflower is low in calories and has very low levels of carbs and sugar. It is high in fiber and is a good source of protein, riboflavin, vitamin K, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus and folate. Since it is high in fiber, it is ideal for weight loss. Cauliflower is one of the healthiest foods on earth and is ideal of diabetic people too.
There are various methods of cooking cauliflower. It is important to soak cauliflower in warm salty water prior to cooking. Reason is there might by tiny worms hidden in cauliflower. You can try this delicious tawa fried cauliflower. For breakfast make stuffed gobhi parathas and for dinner you can make cauliflower stir fry.
Roasted cauliflower soup is not only nutritious but is also filling. I love to have it for dinner along with toasted bread.
Health benefits of cauliflower are plenty. It promotes hair growth, lowers cholesterol, is a rich source of calcium and minerals. Consumption of cauliflower improves the immune system and reduces risk of cancer. It helps in the development of fetus during pregnancy, as it is rich in folate. So try out this roasted cauliflower soup recipe and do let me know how it turns up.
This healthy recipe has got featured on Manipal Hospital’s Health Library. Do have a look at it by clicking here.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
For Roasting Cauliflower:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
For the soup:
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Pizza/Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To taste Salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- 1 cup milk
- For garnish parsley chopped
- Take a mixing bowl and add cauliflower florets. Add olive oil and garlic powder and mix.
- Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and evenly spread the cauliflower florets and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until the florets appear brownish.
- Heat a kadai and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and mix well until the onion appears pinkish.
- Add cornflour and mix well. The onion should be coated with cornflour.
- Add ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and mix well.
- Add roasted cauliflower and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas. Using a hand blender, blend the roasted cauliflower and onion mixture in the kadai. Ensure that there are small pieces of cauliflower in the soup.
- Again place the kadai with soup on the gas.
- Add remaining ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and stir well. If needed add more water to get the thickness that you desire.
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Italian seasoning and serve hot.